Leica New Leather From Aki-Asahi for my 240

William Lewis

All-Pro
Name
William Lewis
The original black leatherette on my 240 had a couple of scruffy spots mostly near the ears for a strap. So given the low cost and great looks of Aki-Asahi's products, I bought a kit from him again. His Leica kits are actually colored leather and laser cut with very good accuracy. I picked the Navy Blue Lizard Emboss cow leather covering kit.
20210630_234723_proc.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It came off fairly easy. I used the smallest edge from my leatherman as a spudger (you can see it and the old leather in the posted photo) and slowly worked my way under the old leather. Once it's off I cleaned off the old glue with alcohol and let it dry before pealing the back off the Aki-Asahi set and putting it in place. The 240 was easier than my Canon IVSB years ago.

Giving me a laugh that this thread has popped up a year later ;) But that gives me the opportunity to say that it's holding up excellently and that I can see no wear or marks on the leather despite carrying it many more days than not. The Luigi case does, also, help with that but even without it other cameras I did in the past held up well.

Back