Leica New Leica T mount to be announced ...

For the CL the one lens that would be difficult to get the performance of in M mount is the 11-23mm. I love this lens, if you do any scenic I highly recommend it. Good deals can often be found for these used ...

25476448558_8975326a0f_b.jpg

tamarack deep freeze
by Carl B, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Carl. I'll let the bank account recover a bit and then start looking around for my first TL lens. Hopefully by that time it will warm up in northern Vermont and sleeping in the car will be tolerable. :rolleyes:
Thanks again and by the way, did you shoot that photograph with the CL? Regardless, it's a wonderful image.
. . . David

Thanks, David. This was at 0°F, and with the SL. I'm going to have to hold off on the CL for a just a while longer (same as you, a few things to let the bank balance recover from).

I did take the TL out this morning with the 11-23mm. I'll have to see what I ended up with.

Look forward to your take on the CL!

Carl - I look forward to seeing your next set of images. My CL appeared to get lost in the UPS vapor yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive today.
OK, I need some advice. I'm super confused on what Leica lenses will mount up on the CL without adapters. There appears to be different versions of TL lenses. So if I was to go "a-lookin'" for some used lenses that would "connect" to the CL what would I search? Thanks in advance.
. . . David

All TL and SL lenses use the same mount, David. They will work on the original T, the TL, TL2, CL, and SL cameras. Without adapters.

For at least a few reasons, Leica knew they had to have a single mount (not two separate ones) for this new auto-focusing lens series.

So, although I don't have an SL super-wide angle zoom (hopefully Leica announces one soon) I can use the 11-23mm TL lens on the SL - although the camera does crop the active sensor area to APS-C size. Alternatively, I could use the 24-90mm SL zoom on the Leica T, although that's a massive lens for pretty small body.

The only caveat is that TL lens firmware updates must be done on T, TL, and CL bodies, while SL lenses must be done on the SL.

I'm about to see what I gathered yesterday for pics ... Hopefully something worth working with!

Nasty weather up in northern Vermont today. Still, got lucky and managed to get out for a few images when the rain stopped. These were from the dock area on Lake Memphremagog in Newport, Vermont. Leica CL, Voitglander Nokton "Classic" SC 35mm f1.4 , processed in LR "Classic".
. . . David
Leica Cl - First Images-4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Leica Cl - First Images-6.jpg
Leica Cl - First Images-2.jpg
Leica Cl - First Images-3.jpg
Leica Cl - First Images.jpg

An image with the CL and the 23mm f2.0 Summicron - (TL version). I really bought the CL primarily for use with M-mounts. However, I'm pretty impressed thus far with the 23mm Summicron T. A grab shot from this morning. From a DNG processed in LR "Classic" and Silver Efex Pro 2.
. . . David
Darlene with CL and Summicron.jpg

Thanks, Carl. I like the 23mm a lot. I'd also be more interested in picking up at 35mm f1.4 if it wasn't so large.
I did purchase a grip for the CL from the Boston Leica store and am waiting for Tim Isaac, (Match Technical), to release a thumb grip, (Model EP-CL), for the camera. I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago via email and he said at that time he should be getting them in stock in about three weeks. I really don't like hanging "stuff" on my cameras but the CL is very "slippery".
So far the CL is really performing extremely well. The manual focus with the somewhat subdued edge peaking works very well with the M-mounts and surprising well with the 23mm for micro focus adjustment except my copy, (BHPhoto - used), has a very stiff focus ring). It does, however, have an interesting characteristic. With M-mount lens the peaking will not show up most of the time until you close the lens down a stop or two from wide open which sorta' defeats the ability the get an accurate focus without depth of field coming into play.
. . . David

Back