Leica New Leica Tripod & Ball Heads

Mijo

Veteran
I came accross this the other day, http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/accessories/tripod_accessories/10271.html

Since I already have a Sirui tripod that's almost identical to leica's new tripod (except it's aluminum not carbon fiber), I'm not really that interested in it. The leica ball heads look nicer than my Sirui ball head and I like how the larger leica ball head has a fixed tilting position. I saw a internet rumor indicating the tripod and one of the ball heads would run about $1K, which doesn't suprise me since it's carbon fiber and leica. based on the attached link and the fact there's a separate sku for the case for the tripod, I'm guessing you will have to pay extra for the case (which if true I'm suprised.

I have the leica table tripod and ball head, which I like a lot but I rarely use it.

The Leica site says the tripod is made in Germany. Isn't FLM Canadian?

Gordon

I thought that too, b/c when you click on the link vince posted it says "FLM Canada". However next to the purple FLM on the home page there's a German flag and when you go to the "About FLM" page it mentions that their products are made in Germany.

Back