Sony new lens, new setting??

I need some help. I recently bought a Vivitar lens from a seller on Ebay which included an adapter. Everything matches up and when I turn the camera on I can focus and zoom just fine. However when I go to take a pic, it says, "Cannot recognize Lens Attach it properly."

Is there a setting that I need to change to allow a different lens to be used with this camera? So far the only one I have used is the 18-55mm one that came with the Camera, I bought a telezoom lens and am excited to use it, but have not been able to get it to work.:confused:

figured out

I need some help. I recently bought a Vivitar lens from a seller on Ebay which included an adapter. Everything matches up and when I turn the camera on I can focus and zoom just fine. However when I go to take a pic, it says, "Cannot recognize Lens Attach it properly."

Is there a setting that I need to change to allow a different lens to be used with this camera? So far the only one I have used is the 18-55mm one that came with the Camera, I bought a telezoom lens and am excited to use it, but have not been able to get it to work.:confused:

So there is a setting to adjust this. Glad I figured that out.

[Menu] to [Setup] to [Release w/oLens] to desired setting.

Yeah, you just enable it don't you? I have a fair few MF M42 lenses but am waiting for the adapter to tun up. Should be early next week.

Any chance of a pic of your Nex with MF lens?

Back