New member from Coventry, UK

Mike-G1HGD

Hi,
My name is Mike, and I live in Coventry in the centre of the UK. I'm in my mid 40s, and have been a keen photographer since I was 12. My other main hobby is amateur radio, as you might be able to tell from my user name. I've been licensed since I was 16, and am currently active on the HF bands, mostly on data modes.
Current camera gear is
Olympus E-620, Panasonic LX5, LX3, TZ10 (and just ordered a G2), Olympus OM1, MjuII, Trip for film.
Have had and parted with various Nikon and Canon cameras, a Voitlander Bessa R, and a Leica M4-P over the last few years, some of which I am still kicking myself for letting go!
I don't get enough opportunity to go to places that I consider interesting enough to photograph, but do try to finds things around me to do my best with.
My biggest downfall is my composition, I simply don't have an eye for a good photo, but I will keep on trying to improve!
Cheers for now, and I hope to make some new friends on here.
Mike.

Mike that call rings a bell - did you used to (perhaps still do?) write for a couple of the UK amateur radio magazines?

Crikey, donkeys years ago I had a few things in them, and I was quite involved with the ISWL and developed a checklist of countries, zones, prefixes etc which I handed over to them.

I was also chairman of the Mid-Warwickshire ARS for a few years.

I was young and enthusiastic back in those days! ;-)

Cheers,

Mike.

Greetings, Mike!
I'm sure there are plenty things in Coventry to take pictures of - I hear the streets are filled with naked ladies on horses.
Show us some of your stuff when we get a minute, and if you ask for constructive criticism there are some very accomplished and helpful folk on here who are great at nudging you in the right direction.

Heather (Glasgow)

Greetings, Mike!
I'm sure there are plenty things in Coventry to take pictures of - I hear the streets are filled with naked ladies on horses.
Show us some of your stuff when we get a minute, and if you ask for constructive criticism there are some very accomplished and helpful folk on here who are great at nudging you in the right direction.

Heather (Glasgow)

Thanks Heather, I will do when I get the chance.
As for you first comment, you are thinking about a couple of particular areas of Coventry I believe!! ;-)
Cheers,
Mike.

Crikey, donkeys years ago.

donkeys indeed.
sat my RAE in the early '90s, got a G7 which I never activated.
Sold my last decent radio (AOR7030) in order to buy a digital P&S in 2006.
Somewhere I still have a Pervisell decoder (25-pin serial type) and a copy of HamComm ... though as none of my computers have a serial port, and I don't have a wireless ... both are useless to me! I also still have a load of Datong gear which I keep meaning to eBay ...

glad to have you here anyway, Mike

Paul

Back