New member from New Jersey / USA

This will be brief. My name is Steve and I discovered this website tonight by way of my entry into Google's search engine.
I am used to creating threads on another platform called wdwmagic.
A typical thread by me looks like this...
WOULD I be able to create a thread showing travel focused photos on cameraderie.org ?:unsure:
..................For example, my wife and I will travel to Denmark in a couple of weeks and then take a cruise to Norway.
Would you welcome a thread that focused on photos from our upcoming European trip?............or............that's really not the norm for here and you would discourage me from doing that?
I'm brand new so please be patient with me if this is a silly question :)
Thanks!
Steve

Steve, welcome to our community! 😊
Would you welcome a thread that focused on photos from our upcoming European trip
Sounds like you'd be after the "Scenic, Architecture, and Travel" forum. Poke around and you'll see similar threads from other members. So, yes, enjoy traveling, pack your gear, and feel free to share. 👍

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your images.

If you need a hand in placing them: Photo essays like the one you linked to may well deserve their own thread. For the odd image or small collection, it's advisable to pick an existing thread - people are much more likely to frequent threads that get a lot of views and traffic, personal threads tend to vane and dry up quickly. This is not Instagram, anyway!

Insert your images at full size (drag and drop to post area works best) and one under the other (not side by side). This makes for smooth viewing, mostly. Be aware that the forum software resizes and compresses files - they may not look identical to the ones you see on your screen before uploading, but it's close. If anything, detail in dark image regions gets blocked up - just something to know.

M.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your images.

If you need a hand in placing them: Photo essays like the one you linked to may well deserve their own thread. For the odd image or small collection, it's advisable to pick an existing thread - people are much more likely to frequent threads that get a lot of views and traffic, personal threads tend to vane and dry up quickly. This is not Instagram, anyway!

Insert your images at full size (drag and drop to post area works best) and one under the other (not side by side). This makes for smooth viewing, mostly. Be aware that the forum software resizes and compresses files - they may not look identical to the ones you see on your screen before uploading, but it's close. If anything, detail in dark image regions gets blocked up - just something to know.

M.
Thank you for being so helpful.
I have a reason for creating my own thread, yet you have provided much information that will surely help me in the future! Very appreciated!

You don't have to give us just your travelling pics, your home state is fine. New Jersey is a lovely place.
I am not ANYWHERE near the level of the majority of your members. I will mostly admire the photos of others and post now and then if I have something special. Yet, let me share my favorite photos from last summer's trip to Ireland. This is me...
20220813_155733.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am not ANYWHERE near the level of the majority of your members. I will mostly admire the photos of others and post now and then if I have something special. Yet, let me share my favorite photos from last summer's trip to Ireland. This is me...View attachment 400396
More from Ireland....
20220813_115347.jpg
20220812_164827.jpg

I am not ANYWHERE near the level of the majority of your members.
Our members cover the entire range of skill & experience, from absolute beginners to seasoned professionals, and all are welcome to share what they are comfortable with. As the phrase goes, it's a "judgement free zone". ;) But if you would like feedback seeking advice, tips, or techniques, then there are 'Critique Wanted' threads where members can post and get responses from other members.

Our members cover the entire range of skill & experience, from absolute beginners to seasoned professionals, and all are welcome to share what they are comfortable with. As the phrase goes, it's a "judgement free zone". ;) But if you would like feedback seeking advice, tips, or techniques, then there are 'Critique Wanted' threads where members can post and get responses from other members.
Thank you. Everyone has been so great!

Back