Micro 4/3 New member from the UK

john cook

Hi guys,

I bought very lightly used LX100, bought it for 4k video. Received it yesterday and had a little play, all I can say is WOW, what a little camera! The video is incredible, shot in 4k, then scaled down to 1080p, but still looks amazing. The still pictures were pretty good, shot in RAW and then processed in lightroom. I'll put a picture up in the pictures thread when I can.

Hello John, nice flickr stream...... snap ;)

8879325121_a213acff8f_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ok, used the LX100 a bit more yesterday.

Massively impressed with its 4k video quality. Just brilliant. I'm not sure if the image stabilisation works in video, but its seems to be very steady and easy to shoot with and the video looks pretty smooth hand held!

Taken a few photos with it , trying to get the hang of it. Sometimes use manual focus which is good.

Only disappointing feature is the battery life. This maybe due to shooting video and having the rear LCD on a lot and then reviewing footage, but the camera died on me in the field yesterday! I had a charged spare battery at home, should have taken it with me :D

does anyone know if you can use higher capacity batteries with the LX100? If not I'll just have to keep a couple of spares with me.

Loving the camera though. :)

Back