New member, UK

NathanJ

Regular
Hi,

New member here from south coast UK.

I shot with Canon DSLRs mainly (which I still have). Moved into m4/3 a couple of years ago, Olympus E-P1 whose form factor I loved except for one thing - no built in VF, but loved the pictures it took.

So, bought a Fuji X100 back in March, and my DSLRs have not had a look in since.

I tend to shoot anything, and have no particular interest or style. The significant majority of shots include my 3 year old son: yes I find the X100 (just about) adequate for chasing a 3 year old.

I have a newly started blog (postcardsfrom1971) if anyone cares to take a quick look. Promotion of that is not the reason I am here, just looking for another friendly forum to share in.

Hope to find this a constructive and friendly place to hang out.

Welcome, Nathan! I checked out your site and I really like "A dip in the ocean." Your son seems to be very cautious with the water, even with his rubber boots on!

Hi there, I am also a newbie and i also own a Canon DSLR and i am also looking for something smaller and easier to carry.

I like your pics, the quality looks great from the X100 - The X100 is on my "shortlist" of cameras to consider,

I like the Canon Gx1 also but sadly the viewfinder lets it down for me.

Reagrds

Hi,

New member here from south coast UK.

I shot with Canon DSLRs mainly (which I still have). Moved into m4/3 a couple of years ago, Olympus E-P1 whose form factor I loved except for one thing - no built in VF, but loved the pictures it took.

So, bought a Fuji X100 back in March, and my DSLRs have not had a look in since.

I tend to shoot anything, and have no particular interest or style. The significant majority of shots include my 3 year old son: yes I find the X100 (just about) adequate for chasing a 3 year old.

I have a newly started blog (postcardsfrom1971) if anyone cares to take a quick look. Promotion of that is not the reason I am here, just looking for another friendly forum to share in.

Hope to find this a constructive and friendly place to hang out.

Welcome Nathan! Some very nice shots on your blog!
The friendly atmosphere on SC is the main reason I and most others hang around here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

A belated welcome to you, Nathan - and you, too, mta1963!! I look forward to catching up with your posts and photos as we head into the winter months up here in the northern hemisphere.;)

Back