New Oldie

Jon BEV

Regular
Emigrated from DP, After checking a few sites selected this one. pretty sure I made the right choice, I must admit it is not an easy site to learn, took me 4 hours to change my avatar but there are more pros than cons, the list of forum subjects for instance, select trees, and be amazed at the photos, I am going to need a month for exploration.

Emigrated from DP, After checking a few sites selected this one. pretty sure I made the right choice, I must admit it is not an easy site to learn, took me 4 hours to change my avatar but there are more pros than cons, the list of forum subjects for instance, select trees, and be amazed at the photos, I am going to need a month for exploration.
Welcome!! Once you get the hang of this forum software it's actually miles ahead of DPR's. There's a lot of stuff in that forum that I feel just told me "no" when I tried to figure out a way to do it. DPR was nice for blowing up photos to full size but that's about the only thing I liked about it.

... those rainbow argument threads where everyone was quoting everyone, and the text was scrunched down to two or three words per line... 😬

Welcome, fellow Aucklander!

This place is photo-centric. Just think of a subject/topic, search it and post away!

Welcome, Jon.
I think every forum has its pros and cons, and most have their hidden nooks and crannies, and their complexities. This one also has quite a few great photographers who generously share their work, and their thoughts as well, which for me have always been among the sine qua non of what I like. Hope to see some of your work about.

Thanks for your kind words, posting images here is my problem, guess I will get it sorted.
Jon, the easiest way is to just drag and drop an image from your library, then post and wait for the post to be displayed. Simple.

Anyhow, my great respect and admiration for keeping at it at your remarkable age! I'm impressed and can only hope to achieve the same.

M.

Welcome, @Jon BEV :)

If your 'forum' experience has been mostly DPR then, yeah, switching to more traditional forum, like the software we use here, can be a bit of learning curve but it shouldn't take long to get the hang of it.

If you find yourself stuck with anything there are two places to post that you can take advantage of.

Cameraderie Announcements and Member Feedback <-- A public forum where you can post any feedback or help requests. All members can see the forum and respond so if you post a 'help' type question there you can get responses from all community members.

Mods Team Support <-- A private forum where you can post any feedback or help requests but nobody sees the post except for you and our volunteer moderators team. If there is an item you want to ask discreetly then posting in the forum is usually faster & easier to get a response versus a conversation with individual moderators.

Back