Fuji New Owner X100

adam

Regular
Name
Adam
Hi All,

I have taken the plunge, finally, and will shortly be the owner of a Fuji X100 black limited edition. I have purchased a lensmate thumb grip for it and screen protector. I will however most probably sell the black case that comes with the camera, as I do not have a need for it.

May I ask you experienced users which in camera settings you use for this fine camera and any tips.

Thank you much.

Kind regards,

Adam.

Well, I've had my X100 since September, and here's how I've set it up:

Image Quality : RAW Only
Silent mode: Off
Image disp: Off
Operation vol: Off
Shutter volume: Off
Auto Power off: 2 min
OVF power save mode: Off (If you set this to on, you won't see any live histogram in the ovf)
Quick start mode: Off (I've never noticed any difference, but I do use Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/sec cards)
Fn-button set to ISO
RAW-button set to ND-filter
Red Eye removal: Off
AF Illuminator: Off
Autorotate PB: Off
Guidance display: On
Corrected AF Frame: On

When it comes to Disp. custom settings, It's really a matter of prefence. I have the following things turned on, the rest off:
Electronic Level
AF Distance Indicator
Histogram
Aperture/s-speed-iso
Exp. compensation
Battery Level

That's pretty much it. No noise or lights, as few annoyances and possible, and full control over everything. I find it to be very simple and quick to use.

I've come to prefer the Black&white film simulation as well. This gives me black&white live in the EVF, and of course still colours in the OVF. The pictures will look B&W on the screen of the camera, but if you use RAW and import the files into lightroom (or any other raw converter), the full, unprocessed colour files will still be there of course. If you don't use RAW, the pics will be black&white permanently of course.

Back