NEW PAD - Golden October!

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Now, pay attention there at the back...

Following on from the success of Silver September I would like to challenge everyone to take part in GOLDEN OCTOBER. We have spent the last 30 days playing in a monochrome world, stretching our comfort zones and exercising our trigger fingers... Now let's keep the momentum going by embracing the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. In the Northern hemisphere at least, it is harvest time. Golden stalks of wheat are being gathered in, hedgerows are bursting with ripe juicy berries and apples are turning russet in the last warming rays of the Sun. Trees are cloaking themselves in glorious robes of red and gold - and it needs to be captured!

So anyone and everyone is challenged with shooting an image a day (or 31 over the course of the month). That's it....shouldn't be too difficult. Really anyone should be able to do this one. On a nice day, surely one could shoot 31 shots if need be. But this time, no moody mono - strut your stuff with vibrant colour and relish the turning of the seasons! We don't want any photos submitted that weren't shot in October 2013. All new work, please.

Simply post one a day in each of the 31 threads. If you only have time to shoot on the weekends, that's fine, too. Load up one on each day's thread as time permits. I expect some lengthy threads, because I expect everyone to try. One needn't even commit to trying to do all 31. Join in as time permits and share images. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. Me, I'm setting my Fuji to "Velvia" and opening the first thread - care to join me...?

(My thanks to Luke for sparking the idea and providing some of the words above, recycled to help save the planet :D )

Sent from another Galaxy

As per Bill's suggestion on the Fuji XF1 "arriving" thread. Thanks Bill! :)
. . . David
Oops. Admission here of extreme guilt - image was shot in late afternoon on September 30th.

Attachments

• Pumpkins (1 of 1).jpg
    Pumpkins (1 of 1).jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 225
Back