Pentax New Pentax (not the FF)

Finally, a decent mid level Pentax. (Well the K30/50 were fine too)

I hated the K-S1, all those fancy lights, seemed to me it was aimed at teenage girls in Japan. The next iteration is coming with *some* lights, but not the glaring nonsense of the first, and it also gains a twisty screen, which I've been hoping for, for years, environmental sealing, and a compact 18-50mm lens. Looking good. Lets see how it pans out in the end.

In the meantime I have committed to buying a second hand K200D and something in me has gone "whew. At last!" I should have it in 3 weeks or so, the seller is overseas at the moment but will be returning next week. The deal will be done then. At $175 shipped, with a battery grip and only 5800 shutter actuations, should be good. AND, I finally get my CCD sensor back :)

Congratulations, Sue. I had a K200D that I only gave up when I got a K-5 IIs to go with my original K-5. It's a great camera. My niece has the K200D now, so it's still in the family and still works fine. However, I did pick up another Pentax this week: A Q-S1 body for U.S. $197 from Amazon.com. I plan to use it with with my DA 55-300 when shooting wildlife. 300mm with a 4.6x crop factor gives you a 1380mm equivalent. Fun.

Ta Steve. I gave up my original K200D when I got the K5. I have forever wished I had not. I just like the output from CCD, and thats that. I never moved on to the K5ii or K5iiS. Perhaps I might not have been hankering for the 200 if I had. OTOH I don't mind 10MP, and I love CCD so I should be right at home. Will I sell the K5? Maybe. Depends on a lot of variables. But the market isn't paying much, so probably not. Saw one go off in PF for $225. ridiculous. I'll find a use for it.

Ta Steve. I gave up my original K200D when I got the K5. I have forever wished I had not. I just like the output from CCD, and thats that. I never moved on to the K5ii or K5iiS. Perhaps I might not have been hankering for the 200 if I had. OTOH I don't mind 10MP, and I love CCD so I should be right at home. Will I sell the K5? Maybe. Depends on a lot of variables. But the market isn't paying much, so probably not. Saw one go off in PF for $225. ridiculous. I'll find a use for it.

Do post some images from your new/old camera when you get it. It is all too easy to forget that there is not a linear relationship between advances in sensor technology and aesthetic image quality.

The 200d came just before K20 and K-7. It's one of two CCD dSLR with weather seals and inside stabilization I think (K10 the other), as Sony's A700 began the CMOS invasion.

I just put my K200d up for sale
at pentaforums, praps I should add it here too? The K-s2 is in my future unless the s1 goes on absurd clearance like the K01 did.. Which is very possible!

I will miss it though!
IMGP4869e.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've just been out with mine (posted in the portrait forum) and am very pleased. Its got a couple of oil spots on the sensor but nothing that can't be healed in post and not noticeable except on a bright blue sky. Must go give feedback to Dean, on PF. A damn good deal for $175 inc post. No box or cables but... pfft.

Back