New Phone...

Mal

Veteran
I thought it about time I upgraded my mobile (cell) phone... Its hard to find one without the obligatory toy camera (a zillion MP's sitting on a 1/8" sensor), but I searched anyway... However it looks like I have to come kicking and screaming into the modern day... As people look at me funny when I ask them for a phone without the camera... anyway I digress....

View attachment 41349
Nokia N8
I have settled on a phone (the Nokia N8) with a decent F:2.8 / 28mm Carl Zeiss lens, 12MP's sitting on an IMPRESSIVE 1/1.83" CMOS sensor, quite a nice little flash and an in-built memory of 16GB... a truly 'compact' camera

The Nokia website lists as...

Camera
12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics
Large 1/1.83" optical format image sensor
Fullscreen 16:9 viewfinder with easy-to-use touch screen parameters
Xenon flash with automatic red-eye removal
Face recognition software
Autofocus
Focal length: 5.9 mm (equivalent to 28mm in 35mm film format)
F number/Aperture: F2.8
Still images file format: JPEG/EXIF
Zoom up to 2x (digital) for still images
Zoom up to 3x (digital) for video
Secondary camera for video calls (VGA, 640 x 480 pixels)
Favourite settings feature
Still camera manual controls for white balance, scene mode, exposure compensation, colour tone, viewfinder framing grid, sharpness, contrast, flash control, light sensitivity (ISO), self-timer, face detection

more info...

Only time will tell if it comes up to scratch....:eek:

Isn't the N8 what Lili uses for her cellphone shots?

I was considering a switch from iPhone to the N8, for awhile, until I thought about all my apps and how I would have to carry two phones in order to continue to use them, so I guess I'll just upgrade my iPhone when the next version eventuates (I still use my 3GS)

Be looking forward to seeing some of your shots off this :)

Congrats, Mal! I hope you'll be very happy together.

My husband is trying to replace his ancient LG VZ5300...I think it's about 10 years old, but it's been excellent - great battery power!

Congrats, Mal! I hope you'll be very happy together.

My husband is trying to replace his ancient LG VZ5300...I think it's about 10 years old, but it's been excellent - great battery power!

Back