Sony New Sony A1 Flagship Camera

I like having a camera out there that I can talk about but never buy. The funny part is it looks exactly like every other Sony FF alpha model, probably even the same size. I wonder what kind of overheating issues it will have. The statement by Sony is that if you push all the heat warnings to the max you can get 30 minutes of 8K 30.

Last edited:
Yep, not for me, but something that will push Canon and Nikon to basically do what Sony just did. make a mirrorless Nikon D6/D6X or a Canon 1D Mark Whatever they are up to now.

The price is competitive to DSLR flagships. If Sony can match or exceed the pro support that Canon and Nikon offer, I can see a lot of people being very interested. Gotta have some serious money to get there - but that is true of any flagship camera system.

It's a beast! Actually downsampling from 8.6K to 8K video, now that's just boasting. But yeah, as many are saying, Sony is the one pushing FF mirrorless forward, forcing the other manufacturers to keep up. L-mount is a good thing but wouldn't exist in its current form without the help of Sony Alpha series. I don't care much for Sony cameras but I respect them.

The funny part is it looks exactly like every other Sony FF alpha model, probably even the same size.
I was thinking the same... I never used an A9/A9II but It looks like an A9R that everybody was asking... A7/A7R are missing the left dials.. Again I don't know if anything changed on the IBIS or high ISO....

1611656358_IMG_1477932.jpg
1611656358_IMG_1477930.jpg
1611656360_IMG_1477935.jpg

Sweet, I'll pick up another A9 mk.I below $2k! I don't need any of this new tech or high megapixels!
The action shooters might not need the higher MP, but I see birders upgrading... I was seeing $1.5K A9's before this (most probably well used pro bodies), so there is a lot of price difference for upgraders also...

I was thinking the same... I never used an A9/A9II but It looks like an A9R that everybody was asking... A7/A7R are missing the left dials.. Again I don't know if anything changed on the IBIS or high ISO....

View attachment 247196View attachment 247197View attachment 247198

The action shooters might not need the higher MP, but I see birders upgrading... I was seeing $1.5K A9's before this (most probably well used pro bodies), so there is a lot of price difference for upgraders also...

I guess it's okay, but I'm getting a bit tired of these new announcements. In about a week or two all these "social" influencers will be saying it's the best thing since sliced bread and that you have to spend more $$$ because all your old equipment is now obsolete!

Also I hope these bird photographers have the storage space and computer hardware to cull through 50mp images at 30fps! Not to mention the more expensive optical requirements for higher mp bodies. There's a reason why A7R3 and A7R4 bodies frequently show up on the used forums. Most people realize after the fact it's overkill for posting their images on Instagram and their FB page! :roflmao:

The 'new reviewers' first appeared to me when Canon released the R5. I went on to YT seeking a review from the usual sources only they weren't there - instead, loads and loads of these youngsters who I'd never seen before talking loudly, running off the specs, saying its great etc etc. And never to be seen again. It's going to be the same when this Sony gets released isn't it.

You guys should look up Random Camera Junk on Youtube. That channel rips on all the camera reviewers. I'd link it here, but some of the content is NSFW!

The Sony A1 seems to be the kind of camera that will bring out the trolling of the "independent" Youtube reviewers! :D

Back