Advice Wanted New Tamron 35-150 2-2.8

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
I’m putting this thread in this sub forum because I’m interested in general by this class of do-it-all/travel lens. A fast zoom shorted at both ends but (hopefully) high quality. I’d be happy with 35 on the wide end. My question is would you consider a lens with a zoom range equivalent to this one in FF?

Steve, the Tamron (not Sigma) 35-150 f/2-2.8 will be a FF lens for Sony E mount - they're taking their own concept (they have a 35-150mm f/2.8-4 for DSLRs) and taking it one step further, as it were ...

I considered the 35-150 at one time. But it's a pretty big lens - more a workhorse (for portraiture and people) as a general purpose lens. That said, I'm often happy with 35mm at the wide end; case in point: I think the Z 24-200mm works very nicely on the Nikon Z 50 - and you get a 35(36)-300mm equivalent ...

M.

It does look heavy, but it is fast. My alternative would be the 70-300 on the XT30 and the 27 on the XS10, which might not be too much heavier even to carry than the A7Riii and that TAMRON lens. It certain would be lighter in the hand.

It does look heavy, but it is fast. My alternative would be the 70-300 on the XT30 and the 27 on the XS10, which might not be too much heavier even to carry than the A7Riii and that TAMRON lens. It certain would be lighter in the hand.
Don't want to hijack your thread, but yesterday I was watching Chris and Jordan from DPR review the 70-300 on an X-S10. Other than the way it handles specular highlights, Chris was very complementary of the lens. It does appear to be a good medium ground between a shorter telephoto like the 16-80 and a much bigger, heavier lens like the 100-400. Don't you have an X-S10? :D

Don't want to hijack your thread, but yesterday I was watching Chris and Jordan from DPR review the 70-300 on an X-S10. Other than the way it handles specular highlights, Chris was very complementary of the lens. It does appear to be a good medium ground between a shorter telephoto like the 16-80 and a much bigger, heavier lens like the 100-400. Don't you have an X-S10? :D
The Fuji 70-300 looms large on the horizon. It is one of those nice lenses which has made exactly the set of compromises I can live with for reasons I really want. I’m actually on my way to see the grandkids, armed with the rumored X-S10 and 50 2.0.

Back