Leica New to Leica Place, but not so new to Leica.

bigbluebottlw

Name
Brian
Hello Everyone,

I've been in the photog business since about 1985, when I started using my first Pentax K1000. My years at Rochester Institute of Photography exposed (yes, I went there) me to some fine equipment, including my first M3.

After many years away from the art, I'm a proud owner of a shiny new M240 plus lenses, and happy to be back in the fold.

I'm looking forward to bringing it back to basics.

Brian

Thanks Dale. I definitely want to hear more about your experiences with the Q. I hear good things at first blush.

There's a lot of talk on the forums about sensors and stuff, which I know almost nothing about. But sometime in the next few days I'll shoot some in-camera b&w's and see how those compare to the M Monochrom images I have from 2013. Anyway, the full-frame sensor really makes a difference, and I look forward to seeing your M240 results.

Welcome aboard to Leicaplace- look forward to seeing your pictures.

Happy you came back to photography.

K-1000. I'll bet most students over 20+ years got their start with it.

Welcome aboard to Leicaplace- look forward to seeing your pictures.

Happy you came back to photography.

K-1000. I'll bet most students over 20+ years got their start with it.

It was a tank, but a great way to cut your teeth. Oh, and I haven't been away from photography all these years, just Leica. I've been a shooter on various and sundry Nikon and Canon equipment for a long time. This is my foray back into the classic art of shooting. It's almost my "back to basics" mid-life-crisis. :)

I started with Rangefinders- a Minolta Hi-Matic 9- when I was 11. Shot Nikon SLR's for most of my life, until I hit 40. Made the big switch to Nikon Rangefinders, picked up an S-4 in a trade and bought an SP. I wanted a camera from 1957. Picked up a Leica M3 from a camera shop, a little over 10 years ago. Then bought the M8 in Jan 2010. I found working on RF lenses was relaxing, and a 180 from my day job- computer engineer.

Back