Ricoh New (to me) GRIIIx

davidzvi

Hall of Famer
Name
David
Scored one of the refurb GRIIIx in the recent sale. So far liking the simplicity. About the only thing I really DIDN'T know is I'm not seeing a way to change the AF point location other and taping the screen.

Guess I need to read another few pages of the manual.

Getting some samples, but We're also in the single in challenge so not getting as much as I'd like.
GR000818.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
GR000835.jpg
GR000843.jpg
GR000848.jpg

Congratulations, I think you'll enjoy it! There is a bit of a learning curve... and to be honest if there's a way to move the AF point around other than using the touchscreen I don't know what it is. I find tap to focus and shoot the setting I usually have the screen set to, so even if I am on snap focus mode I can always select and quickly take a shot with AF.

Congratulations, I think you'll enjoy it! There is a bit of a learning curve... and to be honest if there's a way to move the AF point around other than using the touchscreen I don't know what it is. I find tap to focus and shoot the setting I usually have the screen set to, so even if I am on snap focus mode I can always select and quickly take a shot with AF.
So if you're in Select / Pinpoint / Tracking / Continuous AF you can use the arrow pad to control the point location. Then you can activate it on by pressing the OK. Or you can set it to be the default action and have the OK button revert you to the Macro/WB/...

That's the way I currently have it. A side benefit is if you quick press the OK it returns the AF point to the center.

Back