Fuji New to the XF1 - now X30..gone..now X100T..gone. I’m back

Have decided to part with the x30 - love the fuji colours and blacks so could well be back with something with a larger sensor...

Or not if I can't make my mind up :crying:

thanks Tony. English winters are probably not the best time to buy a camera as its always so bloody grey and dull so i was scrabbling around, hoping to find some inspiration which we all know is far from ideal

I did like the look and feel of the camera so maybe another Fuji will come along..

Have decided to part with the x30 - love the fuji colours and blacks so could well be back with something with a larger sensor...

Or not if I can't make my mind up :crying:
Yep, Fuji need a bigger sensor in that x30 size body. I think their APS-C stuff is great but the smaller sensors have not managed to convince me, no matter how good the ergonomics of the camera (or the capabilities of the person holding it)!

well my "out of office" didn't last long....black X100T is now on its way and should be with me tomorrow. Sold a few lenses too so the new camera will have cost me absolutely nothing, in fact i'm just a little ahead

So, not a good start to the week with the x100T.

Took a few photos in the kitchen ,wide open. Jees, this thing is crappy...stepped down to f2.8..oh ok - not bad. Reads reviews about f2 and close subjects...ah well documented. Ok.

Added a soft release button, charged the battery and went to bed looking forward to a chance of some snaps on Wednesday morning. Turned the camera on...flat battery :026: whaaaat ???

Posted a somewhat disappointed note on TP and got a reply with a link to DPR where someone had the same issue. With the camera in high performance mode, it sleeps for up to 24 minutes before going off completely but my adding the SR button and then putting the camera in the Fuji case meant that the button was half pressed so the battery went flat overnight. :cautious: Turned off HPM, removed the SRB, charged the battery...no problems now :clapping:

Finally got to taking some shots on a lunchtime walk yesterday - f2 is actually pretty damn good. Need to tweak some settings, have found the custom menus...now looking forward to better weather

Not sure if I'm allowed to continue this thread with the x100T as it's in the small sensor area but I'd like to if possible as it's a bit of a journey..

Lovely shots. More the photographer's skill at work there than the camera, of course.

The ND filter is really useful, innit? I've put it on a custom button (I also have wide/tele converter and Custom Modes on Fn for quick access).

Back