Software New Version Of Affinity Photo?

Name
Mark
Just received an email from Serif proclaiming "Something Big Is Coming". It contains a link to a teaser movie for an announcement 09/11 (or 11/09 for those across the pond).

I suspect that it's for v2 of the Affinity products including Photo which is now over seven years old. However, towards the end of the video is a comment about there being "one more thing", something they know we've "been waiting for". LR alternative?

Last edited:

Richard

All-Pro
Thanks for pointing this out. I've been using Affinity Photo for several years after an initial discounted purchase one Christmas. Minor upgrades since then have been free. I like the product, I'm happy to pay for a major upgrade to V2 at a 40% discount and will do so soon.

-R

Name
Mark
I wish they had their own version or LR/C1.
Me too. A few years ago, on the official forum, a Serif employee hinted that the company was contemplating an LR replacement. So far, nothing.

The Affinity 2 app integration is impressive. However, this version 2 release seems to be a push further into serious (pro / semi pro) publishing. A DAM product seems to be removed from that focus.

Looks like I’ll be renewing my Adobe subscription when it falls due next week.