Fuji New X-A2 & lenses, New X-Q2 and others

True story: When I saw that the first one was a new XA camera, I said to myself "if the word 'selfie' is in the 1-sentence product description, I'm pretty much going to stop reading."

It was, and I did.

You know, I used to feel I required a viewfinder - a really good one. I can see it if you're using manual focus on something fine...or legacy lenses, however I've gotten quite used to not having a viewfinder. Perhaps it is my aging eyes but I find framing is the main thing for me.

These cameras are enticing but I must continue to resist!:drama::wink_old:

Cameras don't take selfies, people take selfies.

While I admit that I'm being lazy by dismissing a product by its first-listed attribute, I'll stand by the basic premise, which is this:

If they're designing a camera for the kind of people who take selfies so often they need a camera that's designed for it, then the odds are pretty slim that it's a camera whose design would also coincidentally suit me. Sure, it might happen to be awesome. But "selfies" in the tag line is a strong hint that I'm not the target audience, and that I'm probably not going to get excited about what follows the tag line.

The X-A1 hasn't been designed for selfies, and yet it's not "better" or "more professional" than the X-A2. Plenty of folks use the X-A1 (sometimes as a second X body) w/o being the target audience. The same will be the case with the X-A2.

But sure, the X-A2 is targeting the entry level segment. Fuji makes that very clear by saying so and by deliberately excluding firmware features that you can even find in the XQ1.

No PDAF pixels (no object tracking AF), no real-time viewfinder, no electronic level, no motion panorama, no exposure preview in manual mode, no Pro Neg film simulations, no Kelvin white balance, no Underwater white balance, only 1 custom mode, only 1 Fn button, no AF-L/AE-L button, etc.

Fuji seems to push those who want such features to the more expensive X-E2.

I have an X-A1 and I really like it. It's image quality and high ISO noise performance are really impressive. I keep the little Fuji 27 mm pancake on it 99% of the time.

It's terrific little combination that provides superb image quality.

XA-ex%20MI%20-3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The%20Lunch%20Counter.jpg

Belvedere%20hills%2027.jpg

Lucky.jpg

Love that blue sky doorway in your first, Stephen!

I remember when this camera came out...and Rico you strongly suggested I'd like it. One of these days I probably will get back into having a camera with interchangeable lenses...and this one just might be it!

Back