Fuji New X-E1 from 5DmkII & LOVING IT!

Lore

After nearly a year of forsaking my DSLR for a pocket p&s for 'daily' shooting then trying Canons version of the pancake and trying to turn my 5DmkII into a 'purse camera' (I am not one to carry a very large purse) so it was 'ok'. I ran across the amazing images captured by the Fuji X series and quickly caught Fuji fever... not more than a week later I found that I had sold off my gear and had my X-E1 on its way.
I researched what bits to get and what are maybe 'not necessary'. I purchased my X-E1 with the 18-55 kit, a fantastic lens for a walk in the woods, what a JOY this camera is to shoot with! I purchased the 35 1.4, this lens is incredible, I can hardly believe my eyes when I upload the images to my computer. I grabbed a lensmate thumb grip, I certainly could not imagine the camera with out it. Of course, it went right on out of the box, so I have never held it without ;) So many soft buttons to choose from, I had no idea which was 'best' I just picked one... I picked up the Gariz metal soft button, it came with 2 a red and a black... I thought I would stick the red on... ended up using the black (decisions, decisions... right? LOL!)

My ONLY issues thus far I have an old favorite strap that has traveled through my old Canon 30D right through to my 5DmkII I saved it... had it for about 2 seconds on the X-E1, way to big and silly 'looking' tho oh so soft and worn in :) I put the Fuji strap on... YUK it is terrible, hurts and is not all that functional. So strap recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Girly ones would be even more appreciated ;)

Anyhow here are a few samples of my 2 days with this fantastic camera. I still have to familiarize myself with 'her' but we are going to make a fantastic pair!

9689717760_142014a6f5_b.jpg

Red Oak Nature Center by lorephoto, on Flickr

9689716924_2253f20ea9_b.jpg

Fox River by lorephoto, on Flickr

9680721411_412c74feb1_b.jpg

Yuki by lorephoto, on Flickr

I only just started having fun with one I bought. I don't even have the shots up yet but I"m fixing to get them up now.

Nice shots and welcome!

Hi and welcome Lore

There's a couple of places where you can find the strap your are looking for, just depends what type of strap you are looking for, cloth? leather? polystyrene? etc.. There's Barton1972 they make good leather straps, there's eBay, alternatively you can also give Etsy a go, they've got some hidden gems in there.

i'd like to hear your feelings about your transition from ovf to evf. it's just something that's always interesting to read. i'm biased towards EVFs, but when there's a hybrid, i'd prefer that.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

It was one of my largest concerns having ever used an EVF. There is a clear what "seems" to be lag in the "view" when you press the shutter, to when you go back to "live" again... So it leaves you wondering if you got the shot you were aiming for, although after a day or 2 of use and shameless chimping I realize I am in fact getting the shot ;) I am done checking the screen and trust the camera more.

However you know that already having an EVF yourself. That is certainly the one and only thing I find myself missing is the nice big OVF. Honestly the EVF on the X-E1 is so good, other than the lag that seems to happen just after a shot, I don't think about it being digital.

I finally DL LR5 so I can work these RAW files! The differences seem mild but I will probably purchase it anyway, even if I will be the only one really paying that close attention to the mild shifts in highlights (as my husband rolls his eyes, lol)

Back