Fuji New X-T10

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
I really like having the weather sealing on the X-T1. If not for that, I'd definitely get the X-T10. It seems like 96% for the camera for 65% of the price (please don't check my math). I think Fuji is giving away the goodies here.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I really like having the weather sealing on the X-T1. If not for that, I'd definitely get the X-T10. It seems like 96% for the camera for 65% of the price (please don't check my math). I think Fuji is giving away the goodies here.
I agree. But since I have all non-weather resistant Fuji lenses (18, 27, 35, 60, 16-50 and 50-230), the X-T10 makes sense for me. I'm trying to decide whether to wait for some formal reviews before "pre-ordering" a body-only. But none of the Fuji cameras that I own have disappointed me.

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
The X-T10 is nobrainer for anyone who wants an X-T1 in smaller, lighter body (and even save a few 100 dollars in the process).

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I went with the silver and black, just like my X100T. But all my lenses are black. I think that combo looks pretty good. It's interesting... I haven't opted for the silver with any other brand of camera other than Fuji. My Pentaxes, Olympuses and Panasonics are all black. Even my Fuji X-A1 is black although the XF1 is silver and brown.

rbelyell

All-Pro
May 14, 2013
NY Mtns
that is just damned pretty. put a 16mp bayer sensor in there and i'll buy 2! good luck with it!

btw, this combo doesnt look much bigger than an x100 series. is that about right?

kevistopheles

Top Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Am I the only person that thinks that the XT1 looks odd? I know it is essentially a cheaper XT1 but I think the design loses something in the translation. It's a great value to be sure but there is something about the way it looks that is really bugging me and I can't put my finger on it. Of course none of this has any impact on it being a terrific camera but still...

Last edited by a moderator:

kaito

Regular
May 12, 2014
Wiltshire UK
Dave
I have to say I share your thoughts Kevin, the X-T1 is more chunky. I've had my eye on the X-T1 for some time now, the bank balance has nearly gathered enough. Whilst the X-T10 might save me some cash I still prefer the thought of the larger X-T1. I bought an XE2 last year, until I got a metal grip it felt like my fingers were tangled around the body and controls.

There are some side by side comparisons here;

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-x-t10/3

and here;

http://www.fujivsfuji.com/xt10-vs-xt1-vs-xe2/

battleaxe

Regular
Jun 17, 2014
California
I am really tempted to order this because of the features it has over the X-E1, and it doesn't hurts its not much thicker, and a bit narrower than the X-E cameras. So, close that I thought about selling my X-E1 body to put towards this. But, then I think the X-E3(which will offer similar controls to the X-T10 in a body that's a little more compact than the current model) is the one to wait for once it's been on the market for a few months. I'm thinking it will have the updated sensor from the X-Pro2? And while the X-T10 is not that much bigger or heavier than the X-E1, it's still a a bit heavier, specially when it comes to coat pocket usage(X-E1 travels with me a lot).

Kpfeifle

Rookie
Apr 24, 2013
Long Island, NY
Kevin Pfeifle
Good points battleaxe. Actually, I'm switching over to Fuji from Micro 4/3. Been thinking about this camera since I saw it announced, but now I think I might go with the X-T1. I like the additional features and the size is not really that much bigger. The rebate that start Monday should help as well! Decisions, decisions.

Latest threads

Top Bottom