Fuji New X-T10

I really like having the weather sealing on the X-T1. If not for that, I'd definitely get the X-T10. It seems like 96% for the camera for 65% of the price (please don't check my math). I think Fuji is giving away the goodies here.

XT1-10.PNG

Borrowed from DPreview.com

I really like having the weather sealing on the X-T1. If not for that, I'd definitely get the X-T10. It seems like 96% for the camera for 65% of the price (please don't check my math). I think Fuji is giving away the goodies here.

I agree. But since I have all non-weather resistant Fuji lenses (18, 27, 35, 60, 16-50 and 50-230), the X-T10 makes sense for me. I'm trying to decide whether to wait for some formal reviews before "pre-ordering" a body-only. But none of the Fuji cameras that I own have disappointed me.

The X-T10 is nobrainer for anyone who wants an X-T1 in smaller, lighter body (and even save a few 100 dollars in the process).

I went with the silver and black, just like my X100T. But all my lenses are black. I think that combo looks pretty good. It's interesting... I haven't opted for the silver with any other brand of camera other than Fuji. My Pentaxes, Olympuses and Panasonics are all black. Even my Fuji X-A1 is black although the XF1 is silver and brown.

that is just damned pretty. put a 16mp bayer sensor in there and i'll buy 2! good luck with it!

btw, this combo doesnt look much bigger than an x100 series. is that about right?

Am I the only person that thinks that the XT1 looks odd? I know it is essentially a cheaper XT1 but I think the design loses something in the translation. It's a great value to be sure but there is something about the way it looks that is really bugging me and I can't put my finger on it. Of course none of this has any impact on it being a terrific camera but still...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I share your thoughts Kevin, the X-T1 is more chunky. I've had my eye on the X-T1 for some time now, the bank balance has nearly gathered enough. Whilst the X-T10 might save me some cash I still prefer the thought of the larger X-T1. I bought an XE2 last year, until I got a metal grip it felt like my fingers were tangled around the body and controls.

There are some side by side comparisons here;

Fujifilm X-T10 Review

and here;

Fuji X-T10 vs. X-T1 vs. X-E2(S) — Fuji vs. Fuji

I am really tempted to order this because of the features it has over the X-E1, and it doesn't hurts its not much thicker, and a bit narrower than the X-E cameras. So, close that I thought about selling my X-E1 body to put towards this. But, then I think the X-E3(which will offer similar controls to the X-T10 in a body that's a little more compact than the current model) is the one to wait for once it's been on the market for a few months. I'm thinking it will have the updated sensor from the X-Pro2? And while the X-T10 is not that much bigger or heavier than the X-E1, it's still a a bit heavier, specially when it comes to coat pocket usage(X-E1 travels with me a lot).

Good points battleaxe. Actually, I'm switching over to Fuji from Micro 4/3. Been thinking about this camera since I saw it announced, but now I think I might go with the X-T1. I like the additional features and the size is not really that much bigger. The rebate that start Monday should help as well! Decisions, decisions.

Back