Fuji New X10 Review

Kind of funny impersonation of Kai. As to the camera, it sort of confirms one of my suspicions. With all of the information on the rear screen, you wouldn't end up using the OVF very much with this cam. Might be nice on occasion, but if the rear screen is good enough, probably not terribly necessary. I use the OVF a ton on the X100, but if I had to constantly check the rear screen for settings and focus confirmation, I'd probably just stay there. But I like the instant start with the zoom ring and the supposedly fast AF. If it can do hyperfocal and zone focus as well as the LX-5 (which I suspect it would) and the shutter lag is negligible, this could be a good all-around camera and good for street shooting too - maybe not as sublime as a Ricoh with snap-focus, but more than adequate. Looks like a nice size too - large enough for decent handling, but small enough not to get in the way. One to watch anyway.

-Ray

BB - Sure thing. :) I have some concerns but I think it may prove to be a good companion to the X100. 'Still would like to know more about the OVF but it looks like those questions will have to wait until mine arrives.
...David

If you say so, Ray. I'm sure you're right...but I'm not in the market for anything really. If funds were plentiful, this camera does tempt me because I like the wider angle. I'm going to hold out as long as I can to hear what that new interchangeable Fuji will be. Meanwhile I will enjoy my Lady X100 and my handy dandy iPhone.:drinks: That's the plan anyway.

BB - Sure thing. :) I have some concerns but I think it may prove to be a good companion to the X100. 'Still would like to know more about the OVF but it looks like those questions will have to wait until mine arrives.
...David
What questions were those? I shot the video with Chris Niccolls and hopefully we can answer some.

Jordan @ The Camera StoreTV

Jordan, many thanks for your offer to answer some questions here - and thank you for that wonderful video! I found it both entertaining and helpful. It seems to me that the screen is probably going to be the most used...unless one is shooting at a great depth of field and then it would seem to me that the OVF would be just fine. I'm sure David will come on to the site later on.

I suppose that you didn't have an opportunity to actually look at the X10's files in Lightroom or anything did you?

Jordan- great video, seriously! Fun but still very informative with some nice stills mixed in too.
Here are a couple of my questions;
Is there a center mark or crosshairs in the OVF to help you know what you are pointing at when focusing using the OVF?
Any analog or digital readouts in the OVF that includes basic information such as selected shutter speed and/f-stop?
And the hood, the LH-X10, any ideas when we may be seeing it available? A cost "guestimate" would handy too. Thanks.
Again very nice video . Trust me, I teach the stuff.;) - Electronic Journalism Arts .
Welcome to the group. Great to have you on board.
...David

I suppose that you didn't have an opportunity to actually look at the X10's files in Lightroom or anything did you?

We have not had a chance to examine the RAW files, as they are not yet supported in Lightroom or Aperture, but the JPEG engine seems very nice. I wouldn't feel comfortable going into IQ details on a pre-production camera, however.

Jordan- great video, seriously! Fun but still very informative with some nice stills mixed in too.
Here are a couple of my questions;
Is there a center mark or crosshairs in the OVF to help you know what you are pointing at when focusing using the OVF?
Any analog or digital readouts in the OVF that includes basic information such as selected shutter speed and/f-stop?
And the hood, the LH-X10, any ideas when we may be seeing it available? A cost "guestimate" would handy too. Thanks.
Again very nice video . Trust me, I teach the stuff.;) - Electronic Journalism Arts .
Welcome to the group. Great to have you on board.
...David

There is no information in the viewfinder, much like the Canon G12 or Nikon P7100. A bit of a shame, and that's the reason we used the LCD primarily. Hoods will start shipping shortly after the cameras, late November or early December. The hood + adaptor ring kit will be going for around $70 Canadian.

Back