New Year's Eve waterfall tour

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Back in mid-October, I posted this thread: Waterfalls of Holly River State Park concerning a waterfall hike I had taken. I returned today to find Fall Run and the Left Fork of the Holly River at high flow, as expected. Unfortunately, the trail on the north side of the river was impassable due to the water level and ice-covered rocks, so it was cross over to the other side and pick up the better trail, or turn around. I crossed . . . in knee-deep, frigid water. Darn, but that was cold! The current was strong, too. The return trip wasn't any easier, but I saw some awesome scenery. It was an awesome way to spend 4 hours on New Year's Eve. All pics with the X30. Compare to post #1 in the thread above.

PS: lest you think my PP is wonky, a heavy overcast had set in and the light had faded when I took the last 2 images. I tried to improve them so they weren't so flat, but not much I could do.

DSCF4683-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF4691-1.jpg

DSCF4696-1.jpg

DSCF4710-1.jpg

DSCF4712-1.jpg

DSCF4708-1.JPG

DSCF4709-1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I have to ask... Would you mind if I saved number 4 and 5 for wallpapers? Those are so unbelievably beautiful! The bright blue and hints of green in the back just make it look so unreal! :2thumbs:

Back