New York City...

Loved the set with the musicians Ray! Does that tele lens work with the focus confirmation light of the Df?
Hi Armando. Yeah, it does. I haven't found a lens yet that doesn't. I think that focus confirmation works on the same PDAF information as with any modern lens - the electronics on newer MF lenses communicate basic exif and aperture information to the camera, but once you enter in the focal length and largest aperture into the camera's "non-CPU" lens menu, it figures that stuff out and works with the camera's metering. But the focus thing seems totally independent of any communication with the camera and is just based on the light coming through the lens. Once you get used to seeing that through the corner of your eye, it's really effective... And, frankly, I can usually see the focus well enough through the OVF, but the confirmation dot is nice while you're trying to get close, with it's directional arrows and whatnot...

-Ray

Andrew put up a bunch of images from Canton, Ohio, that he processed with the Analog Efex 2 plug-in. I've had that thing for quite a while and never really used it, but I liked what he did with it. So I decided to play with it on a few NYC images I sort of liked but couldn't figure out what to do with. So, for better or worse, are just a few more, processed with Analog Efex 2...

17145371702_610e105afb_h.jpg
NYC day 9-82-Edit
by ramboorider1, on Flickr

16526790313_7e15dc1ca5_h.jpg
NYC day 9 - A-1-Edit

17146327581_68f9b867fc_b.jpg
NYC day 9-96-Edit

16524536734_82316d1fcd_b.jpg
NYC day 9-59-Edit