Ricoh New Zoom coming Tomorrow

I'm still kinda doubtful that we'll see another camera manufacturer join the m4/3 standard. It's actually something of a miracle that even two companies would produce interchangeable componentry.

Eventually all cameras will conform to the GXR standard.
All lenses shall conform to the GR standard.
Panny agrees with all their G* cameras but they can't spell XR...yet.

I don't know about this. I thought this would be the cats meow for me but I don't know. I like the 24 part. And I like the 85 part. I already have part of the between covered. I'm thinking this may be bigger than I want.

I don't know about this. I thought this would be the cats meow for me but I don't know. I like the 24 part. And I like the 85 part. I already have part of the between covered. I'm thinking this may be bigger than I want.

It will be interesting to see just how big it is.

If only I could have a 24mm A12 and 85mm A12 too!

Don, I'm rethinking the M module and looking at the appropriate low end (Voigtlander glass) to augment what I have. I will definitely be getting the 50mm soon but would like something out at 75 - 85 for portraiture type stuff with the family and something on the wide end but the best you can do is a slow wide lens.

I just can't see hauling around something that sticks waaaay out now.

I've heard comments like this being made on just about every camera system whether new (CSC) or old (DSLR). Too be honest, most of it comes across as a little more than soap-boxing to either support or deride whatever camera system we happen to like or dislike at the time. If you find yourself facing a lack of choice in cameras a few years down the track, just remember: you wished for it.

Sorry I don't post based on camera loyalty.

I don't think they will release another module that's so close to the 28mm. A 21mm maybe.

I would think that if there was any inkling of another fixed lens happening it'd be on the roadmap. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the GXR. I find it a joy to shoot and even more joy working the files. I had never found this using either my Nikon D100 or D200 I have now.

I never ever shot thinking B&W either. The last 6 months or so has opened a new world here to me and everyone here has been a big help in that too!

I think it will be very interesting to see what the roadmap looks like after this new zoom lens module. It must have been well in the works before the Pentax merger. With everyone else and their dog now releasing a CSC, will the combined Pentax/Ricoh feel some pressure to go with a more traditional ILC approach and release a new CSC?

Back