Newbie from Norcal

motrix

Just checking in. I was googling for some information on the GRD and stumbled on this site. Took me about 5 minutes and knew i had to register. Now to start reading while trying to resist the temptation to open up my wallet.

Currently have a 5DII and GF1 (technically gave the GF1 to the wife) and sold my G3. Goal is to find a nice compact daily to tie me over while i hear the verdict between the EM5 and xPro1.

G'day from Down Under and welcome aboard mate (y) Based on your future contenders you've certainly come to the right place. Shame about the GF1, some of us still shoot with this little gem, who knows maybe we can inspire you to take it for another spin.

Hello all and thanks for the welcome.

@stillshunter... Don't get me wrong. Love the gf1 and "giving" it to my wife helped justify the G3 purchase.

Definitely lots of info here. But now as I browse through the forum I now have too many choices. Thought at first it was going to be an easy decision with the grd4. Now contemplating the grx w/28mm and eventually get the m module. That may inspire me to pick up a few more m mounts for my m7 and skip the em5 and xpro1 altogether.

motrix, welcome aboard from New York! There are always too many choices. I'm opting for virtual blinders, myself.;)

Please consider jumping right in - perhaps with our current Weekly Challenge? It's all about getting us to show our photos...and avoiding that nagging G.A.S.* that seems to pop up way too often.

You'll also find this section very helpful, if you haven't see it already. Thanks so much for starting right off with your introduction, motrix and be sure keep us posted on your next acquisition.:drinks:

P.S. *G.A.S. = Gear Acquisition Syndrome:D

Back