Fuji newbie

kurt1968

Hi ,
I use a Canon S95 now , but it is slow to focus , high iso ot good ......DOF is always BIG ...
So i was looking to upgrade.
Mu4/3 looks good , but Fuji seems even better .
I don't have a bucket of money to spend , so i would rather look out for a good secondhand camera for a good price.
I see X10.X20 are the cheapest , but with fixed lens .
X-a1 is next , X-E1 and X100(s) ....
I have four kids , cats , flowers , and i go fishing .
Which secondhand Fuji can be had cheap now and would give me the best bang for the money ?

If a more shallow DOF is what you're chasing, then I'd exclude the X10 and X20... it's possible with those cameras, but only in very specific circumstances... the sensor is less than an inch.

I'd say as far as bang for the buck the X-E1 is easily the winner, especially with the latest firmware updates. While I don't like using zooms, Adorama has a current deal on new X-E1's with the excellent 18-55 f/2.8~f/4 lens... the camera basically being free, as the 18-55 costs about $700 to begin with. The X-E1 can also be found ridiculously cheap now in the used market for about $350 if you'd rather get a prime or two (this is the route I would take).

Best bang for the buck is X-E1 (350usd used) but if you want something a bit more responsive and can do without a viewfinder, an X-M1 (400usd used) is a great alternative. You can't go wrong with getting a 35/1.4 as your first lens and maybe a 60/2.4 as your 2nd both which you get for 400usd (I've seen the 60/2.4 sold for 350-375usd) used.

Back