Sony Nex and Sigma 30mm do a few days of music and party !

Wolf

Veteran
In my homecity there is a whole week of music, party and drinking.

I went 3 days, and took the following shots
all with nex c3 + 30mm 2.8 (don't have any other nex lenses atm)

you can find all photos and movies at
Paulusfeesten 2012 - a set on Flickr

View attachment 57411

View attachment 57412

View attachment 57413

View attachment 57414

notice the guy in the background, with the pink glasses ;)
View attachment 57415

View attachment 57416

View attachment 57417

View attachment 57418

View attachment 57419

View attachment 57420

View attachment 57421

View attachment 57422

View attachment 57423

View attachment 57424

I just got this combo. I really like the lens in some ways. It's sharp, contrasty and has nice rendering but I find the AF a bit slow and a little finicky. What's your experience with it?

Same on m4/3.

I was wondering about that. Thought it might be. I am of two minds about this lens. In some ways it reminds me very much of the P20 on m43 (when attached to a E-P1). On m43 though it's a rather odd 60mm equivalent. At least on the NEX it's a 45/2.8. I really like the output but I am finding that I don't reach for it much.

I actually like the reach. But for close work the AF insists, on back focusing on the background. But for people shots, with face detect, it works great. Seems to give a nice portrait look. Though I haven't tested it extensively. The wife will use it for family/church events.

I actually like the reach. But for close work the AF insists, on back focusing on the background. But for people shots, with face detect, it works great. Seems to give a nice portrait look. Though I haven't tested it extensively. The wife will use it for family/church events.

Yeah, I don't even bother to try and close focus. I just grab my Vivitar 28/2 CF instead. I'll try some different settings and see what happens.

It's a sharp lens as you can see, focus is OK but not super fast. Some photos were taken with AF, which is easy to use with the smooth focus ring.
What bothers me most is the fact that it wobbles when it's turned off and that it takes 3-5 secs switching from playback to taking photos...

Back