Sony NEX- Automotive STROBING attempt!

rcubed

Rookie
Nov 23, 2010
Swapped back my summer rims and gave her a nice wash.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Click for higher res + Shot Setup!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Click for higher res!+ Shot Setup!

SOOO much better than the ugly curbed up stockers I used for winters.

Vancouver had a mild winter and im hoping that its the end of the cold here. Looks like lows of +6ºC for the next couple of weeks at least.

Flashes triggered from next like so:

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Richard, thanks for these. You put me to shame - if I had to take photographs of my MINI right now, even without this lighting, it would be a sad tale!

rcubed

Rookie
Nov 23, 2010
Those are some cool car shots on your Flickr account!

What wireless controller are you using?
Yong Nuo YN-602RF
BBW said:
Richard, thanks for these. You put me to shame - if I had to take photographs of my MINI right now, even without this lighting, it would be a sad tale!
Haha Thanks. You still have some pretty sweet shots on your flickr! I just make up for it though the magic of photoshop. Lol

Reactions: BBW

davect01

Hall of Famer
Looks like you got your camera rigged well, one of the biggest grips about this camera is its lack of larger flash.

Don't think I would ever need such a powerful light, but it is great to see it can be done. Wonder if this will be changed on the next version.

As for your car, it looks great. A bit of a car buff myself, so fun to check out others rides.

rcubed

Rookie
Nov 23, 2010
Hmm, Photoshop detailing?:biggrin:
Involved a couple hours of tweeking and airbrushing/burning/dodging to get it right. Lol :)
Looks like you got your camera rigged well, one of the biggest grips about this camera is its lack of larger flash.

Don't think I would ever need such a powerful light, but it is great to see it can be done. Wonder if this will be changed on the next version.

As for your car, it looks great. A bit of a car buff myself, so fun to check out others rides.
I dont understand why they couldn't put a hotshoe onto the camera, or at least have a screw type hotshoe adapter! Its a pretty sweet camera, but quite limited at times.
Theres always workarounds though. :)

Thanks for the comments! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom