Sony NEX5 Video: Time Travel in 20 Steps

Izh Ash

Regular
<iframe src="Time Travel in 20 steps (720p with Subs) from Izhar Ashdot on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I shot and edited this film on Dec. 7th 2010 for the Vimeo Weekend Project: 20 Steps.

I asked my physicist friend Daniel Or to explain the possibilty of time travel in Einstein's Relativity Theory, while walking down Sheinkin Street in Tel Aviv.

We started the first shot at the corner of Rothshild Blvd. and Sheinkin, and walked down Sheinkin, 20 steps at a time. We stopped every 20 steps and shot a chapter of the story we wrote.

The film is made of 20 shots, each one a complete unedited shot.
The music is made of my own compositions.

We shot with my Sony NEX-5, with some tripod shots and others using my DIY rig.
Lenses used were the 18-55 kit lens, Helios 58mm, Jupiter 85mm and a Vivitar 24mm with a wide angle adapter.
I edited in FCP.

We had a great time making the film under the rules of the competition and the lack of time.

Izhar

Great fun. Great idea. Very creative. Still have no idea about physics - my own fault, I was an arts graduate.

Very well done!

Do you have a site anywhere where you went into any detail about your setup? Like what did you use for recording audio (if Nex, what mic?) and what does your DIY rig look like (any instructions)?

Greg

Hello good people,

Thank you for your great comments!

The Time Travel video was an amazing experience.

In the Vimeo page I mention the lenses that I used.

For audio, I used a separate Zoom H1 recorder with an Audio Technica lavalier mic. For this film to work, Daniel's voice had to be clear and intelligible.

Here's my rig

Izhar

Back