Sony NEX6 with 35mm Leica summilux

Chrisnmn

Veteran
Name
Chris Leskovsek
Hey guys,

I just posted a whole post with this combo for those interested.

_DSC0339.jpg

To be honest, the camera is easy to deal with, yet different to operate than my previous olympus or ricoh. (I just hate that i cannot assign different functions to the wheels specially having the exposure compensation after a click with the back wheel)

_DSC0344.jpg

The camera has an amazing IQ thats for sure. I love having base ISO of 100 once again. And the Leica lens just simply renders things beautifully to my taste.

_DSC0574.jpg

check the whole set at http://chrisleskovsek.com/blog/2013/11/23/friday-night-snaps

for the gear heads: all shots at iso 1600 processed with LR 5.2 with my own home brewed B&W recipe.

I like these a lot, you focused on some interesting points and conveyed the atmosphere really well:). Did you silver efex these or are they ooc b & w ?

Thanks Christine, appreciate it. The bar was packed and i love that band so it was a good night indeed. As for the processing, no, i dont even own a copy of silver efex. This were processed with lightroom 5.2 with my own b/w preset. I also dont shoot jpegs, only raw.

Really well done Chris your work never ceases to amaze me.

So which camera have you replaced the nex with?

Thanks so much!. I havent replaced the NEX with anything. dont think i will though, i love the size and how it works. Though different from my previous cameras. Im still deciding if i jump on the A7/r wagon or not.

Great set... looks like you are having no problem nailing focus?

I keep going back to the NEX-6, especially after the Touit price drop. I just checked Sony Rewards and if you are a Sony card holder, the NEX-6 body is on sale for $490 including tax. Tempting!

Great set... looks like you are having no problem nailing focus?

I keep going back to the NEX-6, especially after the Touit price drop. I just checked Sony Rewards and if you are a Sony card holder, the NEX-6 body is on sale for $490 including tax. Tempting!

Hi Kyle,

no, no problem at all. is really easy with such a good EVF and peaking plus some eye-guessing. Of course ive missed a few here and there. But its really easy to do. Thats why im going full manual from now onwards. I enjoy it more. Also gives me some freedom onto were and what i want to focus at, plus when i need quick af hyperfocal focusing cant be beaten with no technology. so im happy with that.

Back