Leica Next lens?

To fit in with the Russies:
try the Orion-15. It can be coded as the new 28mm Summaron F5.6. It is stellar, can be stopped down to F11 without a problem, no fringes, CA and the such of modern lenses. The lens does not require coding, even without, there is no noticeable color shift on the edges.
View attachment 267639

View attachment 267638

View attachment 267632

I had the non-coupled Voigtlander 25 F4, very sharp, & pleasant. But . . . the early model often has a green cast that cannot be taken away. Easily seen when changing lenses: shift between images.

After viewing albertk’s impressive shots with the Orion 15 I picked up a 1965 vintage KOMZ Orion 15 from the U.K. A few test shots made this afternoo under a rainy sky. All “wide open” at f6 irrespective of the exif data from the Leica M10-P.

L1000297.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
L1000298.jpg
L1000293.jpg

Last edited:
I have an M240, too, actually two. For lenses I have the Canon 28mm LTM f/2.8, the CV 35mm f/1.4 Nokton II, the CV 40mm f/1.2 ASPH, a Pentax SMC 50mm f/1.4, two Jupiter 8 f/2.0, a Canon 50mm LTM f/1.8, a Canon 50mm LTM f/1.4, a Jupiter 9 85mm f/2.0, a Jupiter 11 135mm f/4.0 and an oddball Tamron 500mm f/8.0 mirror lens.

What do I use? I love the Canon 50mm LTM f/1.8 and the Canon 28mm LTM f/2.8. That 50mm is cheap, US$190 including shipping from Japan. It was EXEC5+. It handles color subtleties and gradation so well, is quite sharp but not oppressively so and just acts nice everywhere I take it. It pretty much lives on my M9 but I have it on the M240 to check it on a CMOS sensor. The Canon 28mm LTM f/2.8 works a lot like the Canon 50.

These are just my pinheaded impressions of the lenses. I will post a 28mm and a 50mm for you to see. These are the 28 and the 50 on an M9 in close succession. These are posted because they are easy to compare.

28mm.jpg

50mm.jpg

28mm.jpg

This was coded incorrectly in the camera. It is actually 28mm at f/5.6.

50mm.jpg

Last edited:
I have an OVF, Ricoh, but use it only with an adapted K-mount Pentax SMC 50mm.

I had lunch with my old friend, Becky, today. She is a retired nurse and licensed counselor. Like so many nurses she has a heart the size of Texas and a finely tuned BS detector. She's a tough old no BS broad and a dear. We've been friends for over 15 years now.

I always bring a camera and take her picture just as an aide memoire . I took the M240 today with a good copy of a Jupiter 8 (1957) from the KMZ factory. And I took along the Canon 50mm LTM f/1.8. The J8 because it is a softer, more flattering lens and therefore better for portraits. The Canon to see how it compares to the J8,

And here it is, J8 and Canon. What struck me was when I took them and looked at them in the view screen was that the J8 did the color spot on. The Canon goosed up the color and contrast a bit. But you see what you think. You cannot make the true color appraisal but you can see the differences. I was quite surprised at how well the J8 did. For US$65 I got my money's worth. And please disregard the lens ID's from the board. They are incorrect.

Jupiter-8 first

M2419617.JPG

And now the Canon 50mm LTM f/1.8. This is a good lens, a sleeper.

M2419628.JPG

Last edited:
Back