Documentary Night Clubbing - Dark Scene London!

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
+++++CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL+++CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL+++++CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL+++CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL+++++CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL+++CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL

Towards the end of last year I became aware of a London night club which styled itself “The worlds longest running dark scene night club”. Dark Scene? What could that mean to a 68yr old geezer who was more club footed rather than a “tripper of the light fantastic”. I thought it might provide some interesting competition fodder for camera club nights. They were suspicious. Why would I want to come and photograph it? What would I do with the output? And so on. The more they demurred the more I itched like a scabby donkey left out in the baking sun. Eventually I talked them into it. They were nervous…no more than me now that I had talked them into letting me in with my cameras,

The first night I went, the doors opened at 10pm (about 4hrs past my bed time! And I wasn’t sure I would make it ’til 5 past). It was bloody marvellous. I had never seen people dress like the folk that came here to club the night long

There is a very strong gay scene at the club and they have gay men only nights called “roast”. I asked what time roast was served…..I was thinking beef, crispy roasted spuds, Yorkshire pud and all the trimmings. A bit late eating for me but I was game. Er, it’s not what you think, said they. Don’t ask and we won’t tell said they. There were also signs for the “Dark Room” on another floor. I asked it I could take photos there. They said I couldn’t ….because it was dark, but my 68yrs of life sensed another reason. Having stood outside the door to the room I could hear what sounded like baby seals being clubbed to death! Hasty retreat.

There were 4 floors of music …all going BOOM BOOM BOOM. Genre’s I had never heard of before but was certainly hearing now.

By about midnight I was busting for a pee but was nervous about going to the loo. Having squared my shoulders and taken a deep breath I walked in. For a split second it went silent..like when the good cowboy walks into the bar of disrepute. It was a fog of vape of all flavours and guys in various stages of, er…contact. With a sudden insane bravado I shouted out “F**k me, it’s every straight guys nightmare”. That broke the ice and we all had a chuckle. Whist I was at the urinal doing my thing they kept shouting ”Look out…behind you”

In actual fact, the place was somewhere that, if you were a bit “different” you could be so without getting your face punched in. You could dance, drink and meet someone you might want to spend your life (or 5 minutes) with very safely. There were people from all walks of life, all descriptors of the LGBTQ+ spectrum and all races.

The shots I have attached pretty much represent the clientele. In fact, the owners liked the output so much they have invited me back and now pay me to ply my hobby.

I eventually rolled out of the doors at 6am, my ears ringing…maybe even bleeding and made my way home. So, here are a few of the edits for now. Maybe more later if you can stand it

rubber.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pinkygals.jpg

pink_kiss.jpg

competition_4gals.jpg

52464411469_da7f555733_o.jpg

52385825906_a78c9384a2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks matey. Not often this chance comes along. If interested I may well be in Brick Lane on Sunday if you fancy a meet and a coffee?....no pressure....
Well, 1) it's my Mum's birthday this weekend and 2) half the family are congregating on Sunday. So 1) officially it's a no, but 2) then again.... 😅 . If I manage to, for want of a better expression, escape, I'll PM you straight away. Thanks Pete!

Well, 1) it's my Mum's birthday this weekend and 2) half the family are congregating on Sunday. So 1) officially it's a no, but 2) then again.... 😅 . If I manage to, for want of a better expression, escape, I'll PM you straight away. Thanks Pete!
Ha, know the problem well. I can message you my mobile if you like. I see you are often in town so I can always let you know when I go again.

Thanks for that. As said elsewhere....not everybodies cuppa tea, but it does make for an interesting evening.

Armed with a camera, there's not many places where its not my cup of tea. That's what photography means to me as an introvert and as someone who would not ordinarily get out of the house. Give me my camera and I'd happily go anywhere and everywhere.

Back