Nightly X-Mas market in Nuremberg, shot with Fujifilm F200EXR in SN mode

flysurfer, help me out - what is SN mode?

What an interesting and photogenic event/festival this was! Your first makes me feel as though I'm inside a snow globe looking out up at the rest of the group - wonderful angle and having that fellow's hooded face in the back is super...very weird and other worldly. Perhaps he is a giant gnome? Your third of the woman seated with all those life like baby dolls does give me the creeps...again a very eerie feeling. I don't know if you're familiar with an old TV show called The Twilight Zone, but that's what this image makes me think of...that or a still photo from some kind of horror movie. I mean this in a very positive way. My other favorite is the black and white...all those faces peering out from above, and you caught the one little girl as she looks back at her friends...while we see the dark hatted ticket taker in front...again, it gives me an uneasy feeling as thought they're about to enter some sort of scary place, rather than a fun ride.

For all the festive atmosphere is belayed by a general sort of scariness for me. I don't know if this is what you felt, flysurfer, but if it is you surely achieved what you were after. I have always found amusement parks or street festivals to be a world of juxtapositions. Great series!

It was just a stroll that took maybe 2 hours or less, but the lady with the dolls gave me a "Chucky" moment, and since that was one of the first pics I shot, that might have involuntarily set the mood.

SN reduces noise by combining adjacent pixels, basically taking 2 pics with half the sensor bank each, then creating an overlay and subtracting the difference, which is supposed to be the noise.

More info about this event here: Christmas City Nuremberg - Official Website of the Nuremberg Christkindlesmarkt, Christchild

The F200 is a really tine P&S, people don't really take you seriously when using it, and that's a big advantage.

fuji_f200exr_400.jpg

It's also nice for snapshots when you can't carry any larger equimpent, like when we went horseback riding in British Columbia:

View attachment 40815

Wonderful shots. I envy you the F200EXR, its the one I wish I had bought (but had been discontinued) and was the last of the 1/1.6 sensors before Fuji moved to the 1/2 instead. That sized sensor was also in the much feted F30 and F20. Great stuff.!

Very impressive! You've gotten my G.A.S. going again in a big way, flysurfer! Thanks for that link as well... I'm glad that I was on target with that "Chucky moment'.:D

I envy you the F200EXR, its the one I wish I had bought (but had been discontinued) and was the last of the 1/1.6 sensors before Fuji moved to the 1/2 instead. That sized sensor was also in the much feted F30 and F20. Great stuff.!

Indeed, and the prices for used F200s have actually gone up on Amazon this year, I wonder why? ;)

However, there's hope, I guess the X10 will be a worthy successor for this camera.

Wonderful shots. I envy you the F200EXR, its the one I wish I had bought (but had been discontinued) and was the last of the 1/1.6 sensors before Fuji moved to the 1/2 instead. That sized sensor was also in the much feted F30 and F20. Great stuff.!

Sue, you can still pick up the odd F200 EXR like I did about 5 weeks ago from EBAy or Amazon. They go for between $160 - $180.

Back