Fuji Nik Software and Google

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Boy, am I behind the times or what? I had no idea that Google acquired Nik. I just got an email from something that I thought might be a "phishing" expedition email... Did a search and it really is real.
Your upgrade to the new Nik Collection by Google
Just goes to show me how oblivious I've been to most things photographic since we bought our new old house and have been working on it.

Have any of you noticed any differences since Google got involved?

Not yet. There was initially a concern that they might kill the main plug-ins and that they'd mainly bought Nik for the mobile app - ie Snapseed. They quickly let folks know that wasn't in their plans. So far I'm not aware of any downsides - they've continued to upgrade the plug-ins. And from what I understand they just dropped the price for the whole suite of plug-ins by quite a bit. But it happened a few / several / many months ago... I can't remember exactly when. But so far, the plug ins I absolutely and totally rely on for almost all of my processing, continue to work!

-Ray

it is a freebie for previous registered users, but I fear USA only, not here in UK. I have not been honoured with an email. Boo Hoo

I was on the fence about getting their full package, but could never decide which version to get. The one that supported Aperture, Lightroom and Photoshop had a silly premium. When google bought them, I had even less confidence that they would continue support and didn't want to buy into the platform that would either be sold cheaply, or given away in the future.

Last month I upgraded to the full Topaz suite, having good luck with their software, I thought I had an amazing deal until Google dropped the Suite price to 149.99 today. If they promise to keep developing it, I suppose I can buy it and will have both Nik and Topaz for less than the original Nik Full Suite.

Thanks you guys. I love the Nik software because I find it very intuitive and that it has only continued to become better since I first purchased both for Lightroom. Glad to hear that Google is carrying on the Nik line in a good way.

After applying our 15% coupon code "MU-43", the cost for the entire Nik suite is $126.65! That coupon code is from Mu-43.com, but the revenue from Mu-43.com helps pay for this site's server costs, so it's really a shared coupon code :).

Direct link: Nik Collection

Back