Nikon Showcase Nikon 1 Samples

Missing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367818566.347530.jpg

Thought I would ditch the raw files and live dangerously with ooc jpegs. But I'm finding its not that dangerous with the V1. I am now 7 months in to using this system and overall it suits me just fine.
Everyone knows about its bad points but there is a lot to like about this camera also.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370761810.921286.jpg

Chicaque por la noche

This is something I shot on my V1 on Sunday evening -

Attachments

• DSC_3532.jpg
    DSC_3532.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 195
Supermoon Attempt

Here's my feeble attempt at the supermoon shot through some clouds last weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't in a place with a great view of the moon (i.e., behind a window :() and it was cloudy in Toronto that night.

I took about a dozen handheld shots, aligned and median stacked them -- a technique I first heard about from a Thom Hogan blog post, but because I don't have Photoshop, I used the technique from this PetaPixel article. I've found that this technique, while a little tedious, can produce some extremely clean files in low light with stationary subjects (similar to the "Pro Low Light" mode on the Fuji X10 and X20), and even cleaner (if you can believe it) files in good light.

9155212949_d572282130.jpg

Supermoon by steven_h_ng, on Flickr

Shot with a J1 at 110mm with the 30-110 kit zoom. Cropped with a few enhancements.

Another stacked J1 image

The lighthouse at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, shot earlier this month.

This is an example of a J1 image that I aligned using Hugin and Median Stacked using ImageMagick. If I recall, I took about 6 or 8 images prior to stacking. The originals were actually pretty noise free -- this was just a test of the technique, but it resulted in an even cleaner file.

9041667571_112d43be07_z.jpg

Peggy's Cove Lighthouse by steven_h_ng, on Flickr

J1 with the 10-30 kit lens @ 10mm.

Back