Nikon Showcase Nikon 1 Samples

Nicely done... again! I really like the 10mm, I have the 18 and 30-110 in my cart at a local camera dealer (but I think the product must be grey market, its so cheap, not much less than cameta) and am saving for the 32. (and a GR as well, could be a long time before I get either. Put my K-5 and some lenses up for sale locally, last night)

Nicely done... again! I really like the 10mm, I have the 18 and 30-110 in my cart at a local camera dealer (but I think the product must be grey market, its so cheap, not much less than cameta) and am saving for the 32. (and a GR as well, could be a long time before I get either. Put my K-5 and some lenses up for sale locally, last night)

The 10mm is great, sharp already fully open. The 32mm is an excellent lens, sharp fully open with a pleasing oof rendering. All shot at f1.2, no ND filter, electronic shutter.

View attachment 6814

View attachment 6815

View attachment 6816

View attachment 6817

The V1 has an interval timer function so I thought I would give it a go while I stopped for a bite to eat.
The 5sec minimum interval is a bit limiting in this light. Perhaps a 6 stop + nd filter would yield better results by slowing the shutter speed down a little . Anyway it works . I only had time for 280 exposures, It was a fresh battery and at the end it was still showing 87% charge. I used the electronic shutter, lcd turned off and manual everything else.
I may even try it again some time. Go for the max amount of frames, 999. That would take 83 minutes to capture and played back at 30fps would give me a 33sec clip.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Please excuse the link, i'm having trouble embedding. It also seems to have become under exposed !

Love the shots you guys are getting with the 32mm 1.2! I wish I could justify buying it, but I just can't see myself spending $900 on my "cheap" system, when I can apply that cash to my Nikon FX DSLR work kit. Saying that, I've been making due with my adapted Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX! It's not so bad since they allowed AF-C with the FT-1 adapter. Here's a shot of some sandwiches the wife and I shared for lunch today.

Nikon V1 FT1/35 1.8:
View attachment 73071

Love the shots you guys are getting with the 32mm 1.2! I wish I could justify buying it, but I just can't see myself spending $900 on my "cheap" system, when I can apply that cash to my Nikon FX DSLR work kit. Saying that, I've been making due with my adapted Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX! It's not so bad since they allowed AF-C with the FT-1 adapter. Here's a shot of some sandwiches the wife and I shared for lunch today.

Nikon V1 FT1/35 1.8:
View attachment 73075

Thats great, Jonathan. Sadly the pentax to CX adapter doesnt have AFC :(

Thats great, Jonathan. Sadly the pentax to CX adapter doesnt have AFC :(

I'm thinking of picking up a cheap M43 body. The Nikon 1 is great using AF lenses, but it's really miserable using it for adapted glass other than Nikon. I have a 25mm 1.4 CCTV lens I want to use, but using it on the Nikon 1 isn't very friendly.

I am just about to start month eight with Nikon's V1. What started as a (grab it at a low price to see what it's like) has turned into , not quite a love affair.
But i really enjoy using them. Yes I have two. A low milage + 10mm off ebay (I didn't expect to get it so cheap) Is the latest. So two in the bag, 10mm on one, 18.5 on the other. 30/110 on standby. I like the two primes because they are solid performers and solid build. No telescoping means no seams & no dust. The V1 is the most dust free camera i've owned to date. I've taped up the speakers and microphone and if its raining i'll stretch a little cling film over the top plate. I attached a flipbac grip to my first one because i thought i needed it but since getting the second one I might actually remove it . The holding of the original body is really not bad. They are tough cameras. Ok they aint that small. Thats good for me. I will be keeping the V1's. With the release of the 32mm i'm sure that Nikon is showing a little commitment to continuing the line. I cant afford the 32 :( I am hoping a macro wont be far away.
I would encourage anyone who has not tried a V1 to give it a go for a couple of weeks.

Hang on though. Motion Snapshot ! What a load of garbage. A waste of a dial setting.
All the other well known iffy bits can be worked around. I am very happy with the Nikon 1 system. Please send me the 32mm .:)

I must admit that the pictures I see have completely changed my perception of this Nikon 1 System - for the better. I think it was definitely overpriced in the beginning, but a V3, with the shape of the V1 (much more attractive than the V2's), a redesigned, more expert looking back (say, nice round buttons), and a standard Nikon hoshoe could be the basis of a nice, small-size, system.

Dare I say it, this thread is up there with the best images in this forum. Maybe it's overlooked by most but known to talented photographers? My dream camera for this format would be a very compact fixed-lens version (a la Nikon Coolpix A) with a sharp, distortion-free 13.5mm f/2 lens. I would take this camera everywhere. Call it Nikon Coolpix 1.

*I know the RX100 exists, but the zoom range is achieved by making a lens that requires software correction for barrel distortion and other imperfections. Gimme a prime lens!

Dare I say it, this thread is up there with the best images in this forum. Maybe it's overlooked by most but known to talented photographers? My dream camera for this format would be a very compact fixed-lens version (a la Nikon Coolpix A) with a sharp, distortion-free 13.5mm f/2 lens. I would take this camera everywhere. Call it Nikon Coolpix 1.

*I know the RX100 exists, but the zoom range is achieved by making a lens that requires software correction for barrel distortion and other imperfections. Gimme a prime lens!

Thats a nice idea :) I must admit, I do like the 10mm, just wish it was a bit faster, though f/2.8 isnt bad. I'm still on a mission to get the 30-110 zoom and 18mm. the 32mm will have to wait, as will a body with a viewfinder. I've decided to wait to see whats next. V3? as long as its not chunky... that V2 is fugly. Its also overpriced. If I had that kind of money at the moment I'm afraid I would be getting the OMD which (in Oz at least) is only $1-200 more

Back