News / Rumor Nikon 1" Sensor P&S - P8000

serhan

All-Pro
May 7, 2011
NYC
I didn't see this before whether it is posted here or not. Finally Nikon is bringing a 1" P&S, serious competition to RX100 and Canon G1X II, esp if they can keep the size closer to RX100 and have fast af from 1 series:
http://nikonrumors.com/2014/03/04/updated-nikon-coolpix-p8000-camera-specifications.aspx/

Nikon Coolpix P8000

Here are the rumored P8000 specifications:
•The lens could be even faster than previously reported: f/1.8 - 3.0
•Maximum shutter speed: 1/8000 sec.
•The P8000 will use a new 1" Aptina sensor
•Expeed 3 imaging processor
•Magnesium body
•Comfortable grip similar to the Nikon P5100 and P6000 models
•Announcement in April-May 2014
•24- 120mm equivalent f/2.0 - 3.0 lens with 3 ED and 1 ASP glass elements
•1" inch sensor (first Coolpix with 1" sensor)
•3.0" LCD screen
•P A S M mode

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/03/10/w...on-in-the-next-few-months.aspx/#ixzz2vabDt7Wc

ReD

Hall of Famer
Mar 27, 2013
viewfinder?

I love hearing about new cameras
means the old ones get cheaper

serhan

All-Pro
May 7, 2011
NYC
It doesn't say but I am guessing that it might not have one esp if they keep the size smaller to match to that 24-120 lens in comparison to long zoom cameras like Stylus 1/RX10.

viewfinder?

I love hearing about new cameras
means the old ones get cheaper

Biro

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
Well, it's about time someone began using a one-inch sensor in a camera other than a Sony RX100 or a Nikon 1. Moreover, Nikon has to respond to Canon's G1X Mark II. If the Nikon P8000 has an EVF like the P7800, a faster lens than the Canon, and is slightly smaller and lighter, many people might be willing to go with the smaller sensor.

yakky

Regular
Nov 30, 2013
D2300 and P8000 both sound interesting, but I wonder how badly they will be crippled.

Reactions: IVN

walter_g

Regular
Mar 8, 2014
Sounds interesting. I wonder what the price point will be, and will It hurt Nikon 1 sales.

Sent from my HTC One V using SeriousCompacts mobile app

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Martin Connolly
I tried to find my post from a few months back, (but failed) where I said I would like a 1" sensor with 24-120 zoom plus EVF. Originally I said the Sony 1" but if Nikon can improve on that, and provide either an in-built or optional EVF, that this could be a real temptation for me.

serhan

All-Pro
May 7, 2011
NYC
Most probably it will have same Nikon 1 v3 sensor and external evf if they have that option, so we should know more about IQ of the sensor before its release...

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
I tried to find my post from a few months back, (but failed) where I said I would like a 1" sensor with 24-120 zoom plus EVF. Originally I said the Sony 1" but if Nikon can improve on that, and provide either an in-built or optional EVF, that this could be a real temptation for me.
Doesn't the Sony RX10 meet your specs? Does that camera fall short for you?

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Martin Connolly

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom