Nikon Showcase Nikon 1 V1 and astrophotography

Name
David Liles
Hello All, A while back I posted a question Asking how to do astrophotography with a Nikon 1V1. I got some advice but trudged through the menu system and through trial and lots of error I figured it out. The answer is a big YES YOU CAN do astrophotography With a Nilon 1V1:)
m42r.jpg

M42 Great Orion Nebula Taken with a Nikon 1V1 Attached to my celestron 9.25" CGEM telescope. 3 images with a total of 1min 29sec exposure @ ISO 1600. Stacked in DeepSkyStacker Processed in HP Photosmart Premier. This is by far my best Astro image and expect it will only get better with practice.

Hi David, did you use the FT1 adapter for this or did you connect the V1 to the Celestron some other way?

This is what I'm running into as I started to piece together adapter for my Nikon and Celestron, the FT1 imposes a shutter speed limit on the camera no matter what. In manual mode, it drops it down to 1/1.3 and won't go lower than that.

How did you get a long exposure like this while having it connected to the Celestron? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Russ

Hello All, A while back I posted a question Asking how to do astrophotography with a Nikon 1V1. I got some advice but trudged through the menu system and through trial and lots of error I figured it out. The answer is a big YES YOU CAN do astrophotography With a Nilon 1V1:) View attachment 4848

M42 Great Orion Nebula Taken with a Nikon 1V1 Attached to my celestron 9.25" CGEM telescope. 3 images with a total of 1min 29sec exposure @ ISO 1600. Stacked in DeepSkyStacker Processed in HP Photosmart Premier. This is by far my best Astro image and expect it will only get better with practice.

Very nicely done :) But ohmy the equipment you have. *Jealous*

I use a Nikon 1 to t2 adaptor available on ebay here:
Adapter Ring Tube T2 Screw Mount Lens to Nikon 1 Mount Camera J1 J2 V1 Metal New | eBay

And a t2 to 2" (Ta2P)focuser adaptor available When he gets them back in stock. The TADP 1.25" adaptor will work as well. here:ScopeStuff

Exposure mode manual, shutter type manual. ISO sensitivity you can play with. Get an IR remote if you dont have one $8 on ebay. set shutter speed to as much as 30 sec or set it to bulb mode. The f3.3 and f6.3 focal reducers that fit the back of an SCT telescope will thread into the housing of the 2" adaptor allowing you to go wide field shots. Hope this helps.
Hi David, did you use the FT1 adapter for this or did you connect the V1 to the Celestron some other way?

This is what I'm running into as I started to piece together adapter for my Nikon and Celestron, the FT1 imposes a shutter speed limit on the camera no matter what. In manual mode, it drops it down to 1/1.3 and won't go lower than that.

How did you get a long exposure like this while having it connected to the Celestron? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Russ

Back