Nikon Nikon 1 V3

Agreed. Mid ISO for some of the birds in flight opportunities (blue footed boobies diving van be damn fast). What I would reccomen did buying or renting something for underwater shooting. A lot of my best shots were from my housed RX100 (most sadly stolen with the memory cards, but I remember them vividly in my head...)

Yes, a large part of a tour of the Galapagos Islands is done in the water (snorkelling and/or diving). Nikon AW1? :)

I suggested the AW1, but the price was a non-starter. She is looking at some of the underwater housings of the bag variety for some light snorkeling. From what I've read they are safe for the camera but not as easy to use at a hard housing. OTOH, she'll have it on auto anyway.

That difference is a result of different software algorithms and settings. Apparently, Nikon does a significantly better job than Sony.

True but the sensors are from different companies thus a bit more challenging to tell what's EXPEED and what's Sony BIONZ.

Agreed. Mid ISO for some of the birds in flight opportunities (blue footed boobies diving van be damn fast). What I would reccomen did buying or renting something for underwater shooting. A lot of my best shots were from my housed RX100 (most sadly stolen with the memory cards, but I remember them vividly in my head...)

I was happy using my E-PM1 up to 1600. Is that J1 that good?

Frankly, the V3 Intro pricing, combined with the DxOMark results, caused me to put an order in for one of the few remaining new V2 cameras being sold in Canada (where they are selling at fire sale prices, unlike here in the U.S.).

Back