Nikon Nikon A Firmware Update Version 1.1

Darthpnoy88

Regular
Name
Rain
Just wanted to let you guys know there's a firmware update for the Nikon A.

Here's the link

Nikon Support

Update Notes

Focus range with normal autofocus has been changed from approximately 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.)–∞ to approximately 30 cm (1 ft)–∞ from the center of the front surface of the lens.
AF focus-acquisition rate has been improved when the scene contained in the frame exhibits an extremely high level of contrast.
The color of the focus area in manual focus mode has been changed to white, making it easier to identify the current focus mode.
Less battery power is now consumed with interval timer photography, enabling interval timer shooting for a longer period of time when the camera is powered by the battery.

I updated the firmware myself on the A, pleased with the subtle updates and improvements.

I can think of one or two other things I'd have added. These don't matter a lot to me, but I guess a little closer focussing and faster AF are worth getting.

Thanks for the heads up...

-Ray

Just updated mine. Easy to update - some can be a hassle but most companies seem to be getting the hang of making it easy. AF does seem noticably quicker, particularly in fairly low light. Not a huge issue to me, but certainly not a BAD thing!

-Ray

Back