Nikon Showcase Nikon AF Nikkor 35-135mm f3.5-4.5

Coksic

All-Pro
Name
Mladen Čoko
One of the dumbest thing I've done in my life... a crime.. That's, when I decided, a few years ago, that I'm capable of disassembling an AF lens! All that, because of a few spots on the front lens element, that only created a few flares (sometimes interesting)! I ripped the flat cables in the lens and disabled the AF - forever. Not my proudest moment, I must admit!
Lens came off Ebay, AS-IS. A very good lens, optically! With a close-up function. Focal range is not the most usable for my crop sensor D90, but I loved the lens, anyway!
Now, after a few years of guilt, I decided to order another one.. Of course, no disassembly this time!
While I'm waiting for the lens, here are few images, taken with it!

DSC_4353-Pano-Edit-2-sharpen-sharpen.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_4364.jpg

DSC_4478-sharpen-focus.jpg

DSC_4684glow.jpg

DSC_4722.jpg

DSC_4927.jpg

DSC_5262.jpg

DSC_5629-Pano.jpg

DSC_5888.jpg

DSC_6598.jpg

DSC_8649.jpg

DSC_8723-Pano.jpg

One of the dumbest thing I've done in my life... a crime.. That's, when I decided, a few years ago, that I'm capable of disassembling an AF lens! All that, because of a few spots on the front lens element, that only created a few flares (sometimes interesting)! I ripped the flat cables in the lens and disabled the AF - forever. Not my proudest moment, I must admit!
Lens came off Ebay, AS-IS. A very good lens, optically! With a close-up function. Focal range is not the most usable for my crop sensor D90, but I loved the lens, anyway!
Now, after a few years of guilt, I decided to order another one.. Of course, no disassembly this time!
While I'm waiting for the lens, here are few images, taken with it!

View attachment 277277

View attachment 277278

View attachment 277279

View attachment 277280

View attachment 277281

View attachment 277282

View attachment 277283

View attachment 277284

View attachment 277285
View attachment 277286

View attachment 277287

View attachment 277288
Great shots, Mladen. My favourites are the bridge with the car lights, the night scene with the excavator and the sun rays through the clouds.

Loved my 35-135 when I had one. Threw it on a D700 and it was a fantastic walk around lens for me. Now, I "cheat" and put the Z 24-70/4 on the Z fc and get something close, like 35-105.
I used mine on an F65, for a few shots. That's my 35mm experience with the lens. One day, I'll get the F100. That's my dream film camera. I guess, D700 was the closest thing to "film", in a digital world.. or so they say.

Great shots, I have this lens as well. Do you find that it needs alot of light to focus properly and to expose? On my D7100 it hunt's a bit even in good light. What do you think of it's macro abilities? I didn't find it so great although I didn't use the built in macro feature. It is sharp though, but from a different era

Great shots, I have this lens as well. Do you find that it needs alot of light to focus properly and to expose? On my D7100 it hunt's a bit even in good light. What do you think of it's macro abilities? I didn't find it so great although I didn't use the built in macro feature. It is sharp though, but from a different era
Like most of the screw-drive lenses, it isn't the fastest focusing. Obviously, with less light, this will be more pronounced.
Close-up function is OK for casual stuff, like some nature or abstract shots. I actually managed to produce some pretty decent out of focus effects, when making sure that the subject has plenty of background depth. The thing is, it is much easier to separate your subject from the background when the close up function (or simply highest reproduction ratio) is at the longest end of the lens. Nikon 70-210 f4 is one such lens, and, it has the same reproduction ratio as the 35-135mm, but without the dedicated close up function.
As for sharpness, it is reasonably sharp with my D90. No complaints there.

Back