Nikon Showcase Nikon AF Nikkor 60mm f2.8 (non D)

Coksic

All-Pro
Name
Mladen Čoko
The ''bucket list'' is shorter for this lens. I have macro tubes, filters, reverse rings.. but this is the first 1:1 macro lens I bought.
At mfd, focus breathing is wild, for lack of a better word. On the other hand.... it's sharp. Like, really sharp.
With all this being said, and after a few days of shooting, I'm starting to think it shines as an all around lens, a multipurpose lens, as stated by many reviewers over the years. A longer lens would be needed for a more serious and dedicated macro work, I think.
At least 90/100mm or more.. Especially for insects and such.. To get anywhere near to 1:1 macro, you really need to get close to the subject. I barely took an image of a bumblebee, today, and it is not even close to 1:1.
DSC_1421.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_1443.jpg

DSC_1577.jpg

DSC_1530.jpg

@Coksic I've got a 50mm Macro (which everyone knows converts to 35mm on apsc or 25mm on m43). I'm never quite there when using this focal length for 1:1 macro and always reach for the 100mm instead. So I'm hoping you can eventually show me how it's done.

@Coksic I've got a 50mm Macro (which everyone knows converts to 35mm on apsc or 25mm on m43). I'm never quite there when using this focal length for 1:1 macro and always reach for the 100mm instead. So I'm hoping you can eventually show me how it's done.
I've seen people make nice images with a flash and a diffuser setup. Also, at mfd, you have to focus stack unless you want a millimeter of depth of field. Now, a good solution for a DOF problem should be getting a tilt adapter. I have to get me one of those adapters. I always thought that the best ''macro'' lenses are Nikon, Canon, Schneider TS lenses. Although they mostly go to 1:2 they are useful precisely for the tilt function which should make DOF a non issue.

Back