Nikon Showcase Nikon Coolpix A Image Thread

It's rendering often reminds me of the Sony rx1. I wonder if its a Sony sensor?
Here's a cool pix A snap in macro Mode
A-1-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The color rendering of the Nikon straight out of the Coolpix is nice.
I attempted to upload a smaller image than the last too big for a post file.
Anyone know the optimum setting for Jpg's size ratios because the keys that are SHARP in LR are not so much on this jpg?
A-1-4.jpg

I got in touch with Ray Sachs several months ago and hit him up for some pointers about the Nikon A, as I was contemplating buying one. I did not purchase the camera then, but just a couple of weeks ago I finally got a good deal on one with the hood and a bright-line viewfinder. This is certainly one of the better street shooting cameras I have owned. All of the photos were shot in Dallas, Texas.

Elm Street

p2515772032-5.jpg

Pacific Street

p2515772042-5.jpg

Main Street

p2515772041-5.jpg

Commerce Street

p2515772033-5.jpg

Last edited:
From a camera walk yesterday. The scenery quickly changed from colorful to black and white. You can see a little bit of the yellow field and the hill in the first photo at the end of the road in the second photo. The last photo is from a shopping center a few blocks away.

DSC_1484.JPG

DSC_1495.JPG

DSC_1509.JPG

DSC_1513.JPG

I'm going to repost a link to my Coolpix A RAW tools for Lightroom.

Coolpix A - Google Drive

I replaced all of my Camera Profiles for the Coolpix A last month. The new ones were created with Lumariver Profile Designer.

There is also a radial filter to deal with the magenta vignetting found in the RAW files.

I got in touch with Ray Sachs several months ago and hit him up for some pointers about the Nikon A, as I was contemplating buying one. I did not purchase the camera then, but just a couple of weeks ago I finally got a good deal on one with the hood and a bright-line viewfinder. This is certainly one of the better street shooting cameras I have owned. All of the photos were shot in Dallas, Texas.

Elm Street

Great shots! CPA question: I've only recently purchased one and it did not come with the hood. Is that a good addition for this camera. I wondered if Ray shot with one but never asked.

Back