Nikon Nikon D5100 considered a small DSLR?

Certainly. It has a cropped sensor and is smaller than many of the cameras owned by people I shoot with. BTW, I have a D90 (as well as an Olympus E-P1) and post pics from the D90. My only reservation is that I don't post images from my 150-500mm zoom which isn't compact! ;)

I think someone once mentioned that 'compact' is in the mind of the beholder.

Cool, I almost picked up a cheap Lumix G2 but went DSLR for speed and low light capability, glad I did now, I just need to get out and take some pictures.

My desire for greater speed came about when I was working on a commercial and a friend and I where taking pics him with a Canon G12 and me with my LX-5 and our cameras were just not fast enough to get more then one shot before the car sped past. The guy with the modest DSLR had no such problems.
This is the commercial, some shots are done with a Canon 1D MK4 (not small). http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000494133

Cool, I almost picked up a cheap Lumix G2 but went DSLR for speed and low light capability, glad I did now, I just need to get out and take some pictures.

My desire for greater speed came about when I was working on a commercial and a friend and I where taking pics him with a Canon G12 and me with my LX-5 and our cameras were just not fast enough to get more then one shot before the car sped past. The guy with the modest DSLR had no such problems.
This is the commercial, some shots are done with a Canon 1D MK4 (not small). Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG - It delivers

I recently bought a 35 1,8 AF prime for my D90 and wow!!! I already loved the camera with the big clunky zoom that it came with (18-105). With that smaller (and faster) lens, its a deadly combo.

Back