Nikon Nikon D600

BruPri

Top Veteran
Name
Bruce J. Pritchard
Well for those of you who know me on this forum, it's not news I harbor no particular brand loyalty. (I trade gear a lot!) I've shot Leica, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, Fuji, name the model, I've shot with it. Back in 2012 I purchased a D600 for use at a law firm I worked at and really liked the kit. I recently traded off a Sony A7 and a Leica Typ 113 because I actually have some paying work, and picked up a used D600 that's had the shutterbox replaced. Also have the battery grip, a 80-200 f2.8, a 24-85, and a Rokinon 85 f1.4 and am pretty pleased (for now... HA!) Anyway, just wanted to say hello to ya'll here.

20160519-600_6483-Edit.jpg

20160519-600_6491.jpg

20160519-600_6504-Edit.jpg

Congrats on the kit Bruce, and nice shots. As I'm sure you know, the sensor in that D600 is essentially the same as that in the A7, but with full 14 bit function instead of the 12-bit limitations Sony was putting on their gear until pretty recently. If you had the shutter replaced, you basically have a D610, which is every bit the D750 except a less fancy AF system, lesser video, and no tilting screen. Basically a hell of a camera and a screaming deal. Use it well!

-Ray

I bought mine when they came out, at full price, and although it had a bit of the infamous oil spot issues (like so many others - had the shutter exchanged years ago), and although I don't use it much, it has ticked off far more than 10,000 shots by now. Pretty nice camera, in short.

Use it a lot on tripod, for studio-like shots, or for low light shots, also on tripod. My favourite lenses are the macros: 40, 60, 85 (yeah, two of them are officially DX lenses, the 85 got VR), the 85/1.8G, and the 70-200/4.0.

The Voitlander 20/3.5 is probably the lens that is mounted on it most of the time, though!

Congrats on the kit Bruce, and nice shots. As I'm sure you know, the sensor in that D600 is essentially the same as that in the A7, but with full 14 bit function instead of the 12-bit limitations Sony was putting on their gear until pretty recently. If you had the shutter replaced, you basically have a D610, which is every bit the D750 except a less fancy AF system, lesser video, and no tilting screen. Basically a hell of a camera and a screaming deal. Use it well!

-Ray
Very true and perhaps easily forgotten - you're going to get the same image quality from a D600/610 as you are from D750.

Back