Infrared Gear Nikon D70 and Other cameras: infrared random pictures

lucien

Legend
DSC_0078-2.jpg
DSC_0078-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A lovely selection Lucien. I think the ones which have an overall red cast may have been improved with a better white balance. Colouring is usually fairly subtle with a 720nm filter but your definitely finding some variations. I have heard that the white balance control often doesn't go far enough for best results so maybe it wasn't possible...
With false colour IR I often play with the hue control, but many of my longer wavelength shots I simply desaturate (I'm lazy)

Hi Mike, I do have a custom preset that I use in lightroom. It doubles or triples the orginal white balance scale. Adobe DNG profile editor is what I used. It's my first time really shooting ir and editing as well. It will take time. And some pics are just blah, that's where the monochrome conversions save the day.

That's because, there was a lot of colour variation in it and the D70 ir profile I created. I now have (temp 2,000-50,000) and tint ('150-150) plus contrast, vibrance, clarity and exposure. That make's a big diff than editing without the custom profile.

Btw anyone can post here if they want, disregard the title unless a mod wants to make/change the title.
Perhaps I'll add one of my early IR shots from an unmodified K100d (and the only one I have to hand that's not desaturated.)
It's NOT in any way impressive but was only a test shot to see if stacking a fisheye adapter onto the outside of the IR filter could be made to work.
5167602949_b98247a4be_b.jpg
Fish-eye IR by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

I think it's obvious to everyone your shots have much better composition & editing...

Great shot for unmodified and it proved your theory right about stacking the fish eye adapter. And who are the people, circa?

Back