Infrared Gear Nikon D70 and Other cameras: infrared random pictures

Great shot for unmodified and it proved your theory right about stacking the fish eye adapter. And who are the people, circa?
They were my Dad & my Daughter, back in 2010. It may have proved the theory but it's certainly not a great shot.
Here's a later one with the same camera using Panoramic stitching (Microsoft ICE, combining 5 handheld shots) instead of the fisheye adapter a much better approach (and helped by prefect IR weather)!
8858770169_68fea72c51_b.jpg
Infra red Panorama by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

I agree and see the "stretchy clouds" a trademark of unconverted. Send more along any time. Have you tried a wide angle converter. I didn't like it and returned it. I think it was 2x

I agree and see the "stretchy clouds" a trademark of unconverted. Send more along any time. Have you tried a wide angle converter. I didn't like it and returned it. I think it was 2x
I've got a handful of wide angle converters the Olympus 0.8x one is quite reasonable, but none of the others are a patch on a wide angle lens. They may prove useful with something like the lensbaby, (or of course a fixed lens camera) where the available lenses are restricted.
Teleconverters & focal reducers (fitting between the lens & the body) are generally better options optically, but can still vary significantly. The teleadapter I got (like a teleconverter but screws into the filter threads) was dire - too poor to donate to a charity shop...

Leica M8 with Orange filter and custom software. The Blue channel received IR only, the custom DNG processor equalizes the values with the visible channels.

I1015873.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I1015876.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Fortran program also changes the "Mosaic Filter" map to interchange Red and Blue, blue being IR only. I wanted an IR Ektachrome look, has the muted colors of old Ektachrom E3 process.

Just to show another option here's one from a Sigma SD14 with the dust filter removed & a green filter added, where due to the Foveon sensor IR shows in the red channel but the remaining colours are more or less as normal. (The dust filter is also the hot mirror & is user removable in about 5 minutes just with a screwdriver)
46735214724_7860089274_b.jpg
seafront garden aerochrome small by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

I got the old (2006) SD14 specifically for this sort of aproach, pretty much SOOC Jpegs, (I have found the RAW files impossible)

Back